Lorton Meadows Conservation Centre & Nature Reserve
Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Review Highlights
A Wonderful Place

I took my five year old to the centre to build a ‘bug hotel’. Never been to Lorton before and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Forbes83
Swanage
via mobile
Lovely and peaceful

My in-laws live just around the corner, so we took a short walk to the meadows and then enjoyed a... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2018
Bill H
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Weymouth
from US$ 19.10
from US$ 127.00
from US$ 116.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We took our little granddaughter down to centre and she really enjoyed herself looking at the things on display, walking through the wood trails and looking at the carvings

Patrick_Jefferies, Volunteer at Lorton Meadows Conservation Centre & Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Many thanks for you review Tony and I do hope to see you all revisiting the site soon. Don't forget all the events the adults and children are available on Dorset Wildlife Trust website.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

The woodland walk I ventured on yesterday was a true gem. Vicky, the excellent leader of the walk, informed the participants of the geology and the flora and fauna as we encountered it. She was very knowledgeable. She also gave us the opportunity to identify things ourselves to improve our knowledge as we walked through the beautiful meadows and woodland with the other participants. I shall be definitely coming to other events here. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Thank you Christopher and we are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we all look forward to your returning visits.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

THANKYOU TO STEPH AND VICKY, WITH HELPERS DAVE AND CHRIS ( PERFECT ELF VOLUNTEERS ) you made a wonderful afternoon, with your skills and enthusiasm to all of us, every age and aims and abilities. I loved my decoartaion which is already admired on the door at home. It was great to be outside and collect the foliage then be inside to create the wreaths....with coffee and mince pies and juice with a lovely group of people. I enjoyed learning of the Group activities and your work.....hence joined as family membership that day. See you again soon "

Reviewed 14 December 2015

I took my son's dog down here for walk after being recommended by a friend.
Be careful of the drive down to the car park, once you pass the new housing development, the track becomes single lane, with probably one passing place.
When I visited it raining, and a little miserable weather wise.
Still I found one of the conveniently placed maps for walkers etc. We set off on the Ewe Leaze trail, about 1- 1 1/2 hrs walk. The map is easy to follow, and the route is interesting. On the way down to the reserve you cross a railway line and the by pass. Surprisingly, there is little intrusive noise.
At my time of visiting the centre was actually shut, or I would have bought a hot drink to support the Dorset Wildlife Trust who run the reserve.
Now I know where this reserve is, I will return on a day with better weather.

1  Thank Nick K
Reviewed 13 December 2015

What a gem, after living in the area for over 10 years and often driving past the sign and turning for Lorton Meadows we finally made it here. A perfect spot, great views and varied walking, you can be in the woods and feel in the country even though you're so close to town. Great dog walking spot, just be aware it can get a bit muddy out of season and due to the long grass there can be ticks. The Dorset Wildlife Trust really have done something special here.