Galway Guest House
  • Free Internet
US$ 120
US$ 125
  • Breakfast included
Cunard Guest House(Weymouth)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
US$ 109
PremierInn.com
Higher Moor Farm(Weymouth)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
All reviewsbunk bedsfamily roomlynensuitebreakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed for one night 29/30th July,We stayed in a family room, ideally could have a blackout blind, room was clean and has what you needed for a sleepover . Dave and Lynn thAnk you both very much and making us feel very welcome .
Next time I will ask for a room at the back of the house to avoid the road noise.
Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it if you wanted more.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Deelicous21
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We stayed here for one night during a visit to Bovington Tank Museum (only 25 minutes away by train).

Our family room was what we expecting from the description on the web site so we weren't disappointed. The beds were very comfortable, the room was immaculate as was the bathroom.

The owners were very friendly and made us feel at home. They were also very helpful in recommending and directing us to a local Italian restaurant - Il Porto - thank you it was wonderful!

Sorry we couldn't stay for breakfast - we will be back next year

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Tripsy286
Reviewed 25 May 2015

We had such a warm welcome ,the room was great very clean and wonderfully decorated my 3 children loved the castle bunk beds all beds were big comfortable and with lovely bedding plus under bed storage the room had all the facilities you would want and had a good selection of tv channels for when the kids need an early night and you don't , the en suite was very nice with heated towel rails and complimentary shower gels and shampoo. Breakfast was at a time to suit so no rush to get out of bed so you don't miss it ,breakfast was GREAT cooked fresh to order and there was a good choice of cereals , toast ,orange juice , tea and coffee , we had a family member join us for breakfast that was not staying at the guest house and this was no problem at all for the owners , my children arrived to origami crowns at thier seats for breakfast which the owner had made as they were so excited about the castle beds they had to sleep in the day before . Parking was private behind the guest house and we had no problem finding it . The guest house is a 5 minute walk from the beach and town , and we did not notice any noise from the road outside , the price was great normally as a family of 5 we would have to book 2 separate rooms and this can be quite a pain and expensive this is the first guest house I have found with a family room of upto 6 without somebody ending up on a put up or pull out sofa bed .
The Galway gets all stars from my family and I would not consider booking anywhere other than the Galway next time I return to weymouth
May I just say that some of the reviews below I think could not be more wrong the Galway is a guest house not a 5 star hotel so remember this when booking ,I have stayed in many guest houses in many places and have not found 1 this great , if you would like a lift to walk a flight of stairs or to be just another guest of no importance there is a 5 star just outside of weymouth called the Rembrandt that is willing to charge double for a lot less I have also stayed there never to return ,and as for road noise like I said we did not notice any at all

Room Tip: Room 3 for a family up to 6 with ensuite
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 9 April 2015

You had a choice of Standard or en-suite you choice the cheapest one, a price you paid for £ 90.00 for 5 persons is reasonable that's including breakfast and free pick- up of luggage from the station. i view this review as malicious and fortunately the majority of my customers are very happy staying in room 5.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank weymouthgas
Reviewed 3 April 2015

The landlady and landlord were friendly and helpful. But.......... After climbing 2 steep flights of steps with 3 young children we went into our room which had fun castle type bunk beds. Nowhere to hang or put your clothes. The toilet and shower were across the gangway in 2 small cupboards: barely enough room to sit on the toilet with the door flush against my knees. No handwashing facilities and barely room to wipe. As for the walk in shower cupboard : I had to undress in the shower, roll up my clothes and place them outside the door. After showering I had to cross the gangway into my room partially covered with a threadbare handtowel provided into my room. Fortunately the landlady had told us we were the only ones staying. Strange as on the way out the sign in the window said "No Vacancies". The UHT milk in the room smelt and tasted off. Going down to breakfast we were greeted by an advance smell of rancid deepfat oil. The tea, cereal, and juice provided were plentiful and good, but we should have got out of the dining room before the full English made its appearance. It confirmed my worst suspicious: apart from the egg everything had been deepfried... even the bacon. It smelt rancid, it looked bad, and it tasted awful. There was plenty of it but we left it all uneaten except for a bit of toast. The second morning we got out as quickly as we could, avoiding toilet, UHT milk, shower room and breakfast. Unfortunately I had paid for our 2 nights in advance.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family