The location is OK, just off the main beach front, well within walking distance of the local train station and on a good bus route.
The accommodation on a whole is OK, the dinning room and guest lounge was nice and welcoming, the king size bed was heaven, very comfortable, and cosy
We would not give it a four star more like a 2/3 as for the attention to detail on a whole and the service!!
The canopy on the front main door as you enter is broken, the stairs looks like they have been through the mill, a few dings in the bedroom furniture this could have been touched up, and a very noisy water tank filling up when anyone used the water system.
More attention to cleanliness's would help, behind sinks, bed side lamps and those little places you forget about.
The breakfast selection on a whole was lovely, using local produce. A array of fresh fruit and local produced cereal.
We do fill that the lovely home make fresh breakfast could have done with an extra sausages, a few more beans and a hash brown would have made the full English even more tasty !!!
We are disappointed by the lack of the presence of the proprietors, there helpers were lovely, if they had a bit more confidence and training this would have made up for the absence of the propritors.
We would not say that over all it was vaule for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alendale Guest House is a warm and comfortable Grade II listed Georgian building in the beautiful seaside holiday town of Weymouth, Dorset, situated in a terrace at the end of the esplanade. It is just across the road from the beach and a short walk to the harbour and shopping centre and the old town with its restaurants, bars and nightlife. Retaining many of its Georgian features and character, the guest house offers comfortable, fresh accommodation on a B&B basis. All the rooms have en-suite facilities and families are welcome. We pride ourselves at the Alendale on our high standard of cleanliness. In your room you will find a well supplied hospitality tray and often home made cakes. We also provide hair dryers, sewing kits and shoe cleaning kits. An iron and board can be provided on request and we can also arrange dry cleaning. The Alendale has a modern dining room that can sit 14, with views towards the beach. We have a wonderful breakfast menu and source all our produce, where possible, directly from Dorset. The menu includes a full English breakfast with a choice of selected extras, or perhaps local grilled kippers or scrambled egg and smoked salmon with toasted brioche. There is also a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. You can also help yourself to our breakfast buffet which includes fruit and a range of Dorset Cereals. Special diets can be catered for with prior notice but we generally find that most vegetarians can find something suitable from the menu.Our motto is, "If we can, we will"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Alendale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alendale Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- The Alendale Guest House Weymouth, Dorset