“Well placed for Weymouth's attractions”

Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Recently spent 3 nights in the Rembrandt and was VERY pleased with our choice! Every member of staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and professional. I must also commend the housekeeping team who ensure that all areas of the hotel are cleaned to the highest standard I have ever seen - not a speck of dust anywhere! I am truly amazed that the hotel has only 3 stars - its facilities, location and dedicated team deserve higher!
We thought the breakfasts were just perfect and you would be hard-pressed to find better! The food was beautifully presented and there was something to suit everybody's taste! A chef was always 'on hand' to assist guests who perhaps preferred their eggs boiled or poached etc. and the waiting on team made sure you wanted for nothing and plates were 'magically' whisked away as soon as you had finished a course! Car parking is secure and plentiful. The lovely sandy beach, shops, old harbour are an easy 20 minute walk away. We would most definitely recommend this hotel and when down in Dorset again I know where we'll be staying!

Room Tip: As the hotel is away from the sea front there are no exceptional views to be found apart from other...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We spent one night here this week with our granddaughter,in a family room.the staff are very friendly and helpful.the room very spacious ,tea and coffee in the room but not hot chocolate but I asked the girl at the bar and she made a small one for our granddaughter to take to the room.we booked late and didn't read the literature or we would have known they had a swimming pool,so we had no costumes ,but that was my fault for not reading it.the bedroom had a very peaceful feel to it,and we all slept through the night with no disturbance ,good nights sleep ,good choice of breakfast nicely cooked

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

When checking in the receptionist was very welcoming and friendly, she provided all the information we needed for our stay. The room was average, clean tidy and moderately comfortable. The first thing that struck us was the heat, the temperature was cranked up to an unbearable level and the window could not be opened. The restaurant was virtually empty, just two other couples seated when we arrived but we still had to wait nearly 45 mins to have the meal we had ordered, I had ordererd a T-bone steak but was brought a sirloin steak, this was sent back so this extended the waiting time, no complaints about the quality of the meals other than the price that seemed quite excessive. Again the temperature in the restaurant was excessive and made the time spent eating quite uncomfortable. We ordered brandy with our coffee and was very surprised to be served this in a whisky tumbler with ice, I've never been served brandy with ice unless I had requested it, strange ! however given the temperature in the restaurant the ice was in fact a welcome addition. I had ordered a daily paper for the following morning and was surprised this was not left outside my room, in fact I did not receive my paper until I went to reception to check out, and only then when I asked.
Summing up I have to say all the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly, but I felt the overall service was not what I would have expected. Would I stay here again ? probably not. This out of season stay had cost slightly over £165.00 for bed breakfast and a one course evening meal with a bottle of house red and a couple of brandies a little over the top.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PapaFish
MassimoMenin, General Manager at Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for this review.

On the day it appeared on Trip Advisor the temperature outside reached -6c therefore the heating was being kept on throughout the day. For the comfort of our guests all bedrooms have individually controlled heating thermostats.

We are unable to find a bedroom widnow which cannot be open; should the writer wish to drop me a line and inform me of the room number we could fix this immediately.

I apologise for the time the steak took to be served; completely our fault as the order was put through incorrectly in the till.

Our restaurant is heated and air -conditioned. I am sorry if the temperature in the restaurant was to high on this occasion.

Newspapers are not delivered to the room as they do not fit under a bedroom door and, if left outside in a corridor, they could be taken. Instead a small note is put under the door advising the guest to collect the newspaper at the front desk or ring down to reception when ready so that it can be delivered by the porter. Obviously the system did not work as intended on this occasion.

We do stock brandy glasses and the person covering the bar on the night in question is aware of her error.

I am very pleased to read from the review that overall all the staff were found to be pleasant and friendly; of course I cannot agree with the statement that the our hotel is over priced, especially when we include T-bone steaks and brandies!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Rembrandt. We booked a special offer and could not have been happier. Friendly staff greated us on arrival and our room was lovely and warm, clean and tidy. Plenty of tea and coffee supplies with biscuits. WIFI in our room was working well, The pool and spa facilities were just what you need to warm you up after a day out sightseeing. We had breakfast most mornings and there was a good selection for us to choose from. It is self service so you can pick as much or a little as you like. This is our second visit and we would return again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

we stayed here for the last week end in january after looking for a hotel with a pool, we were not disappointed with any of the facilities and used the restaurant friday and saturday evening , the food was excellent on both nights .

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple