Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa
US$ 191
US$ 182
TripAdvisor
1,726 results
All reviewscoach housea garden view roommain restauranton arrivalheelis suitesalt roomlovely hotelcourse mealjacuzzi batheden valleydeluxe roomthe main housedining roomstwo night staygroupon dealleisure facilitiesvenison
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely overnighter and spa day in this beautifully positioned hotel. This was my second visit and I had another excellent stay. Spacious rooms and comfy beds, friendly welcoming staff and excellent spa facilities with a fabulous 'wrap' treatment. The spa is not huge (which I like) but has well appointed facilities including two large outdoor hot tubs, which are fab! The spa is extremely good at not overbooking, it never feels crowded, and there is always spa amenities available to use. There are some great deals available. I would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alison K
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel, wonderful welcome. Every member of staff could not have been more helpful.

Choice of dining room or bistro, service again excellent. Dinner & breakfast good.

Lounges and large conservatory. Superb views. A66 is directly behind but at no time does it impact on the hotel areas.

Spa is very good, booking for this is advisable, can be busy during the day with Spa Experiences?

Gardens are very well looked after, I am sure they will be lovely in summer.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Many of the bedrooms desperately need updating. You can feel the springs through the mattress, pillows uncomfortable.
Furnishings throughout are sadly truly abysmal, outdated, hotel has the general air of a retirement home.
Having to pay £25.00 pp extra as well for use of the basic spa facilities eg, pool, sauna etc was a first for us.
Breakfast was a miserable affair, tinned grapefruit, tinned apricots etc not appealing. Cooked breakfast really small portions.
Overall I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We dined as a family Easter Sunday evening. The food was amazing, I had the venison for main course, which was delicious The service was perfect,the staff were very friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The chef clearly is excellent and creative. My only comment would be some areas of the hotel needed some attention, but I can see they have invested recently and it's a very small comment.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks so much to all the staff here. Claire on the desk was very lovely at checking us in and out and showing us around upon our arrival. Iain & Jonathan were also fantastic at every encounter, whether we were requesting room service, booking our dinner order or just chatting when we crossed paths. Daisy at the spa was wonderful. My wife and I had a wonderful weekend of pure relaxation, with a perfect room (and jacuzzi bath), amazing massage treatments and use of the spa, topped off with mouth watering food, cooked to perfection. The potato dauphinoise was life changing.
Thanks Appleby Manor and all the staff for a truly wonderful and fault free Easter weekend. We will be back. Especially for such fantastic value.

The Currans