All reviews market square the pub pizza oven beer garden car park lovely lunch friday night saturday market eggs benedict coffee machine every member of staff great shower few drinks couldn't do enough enjoyable stay great room room was large
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Some staff nice, room big and modern but would recommend booking a room facing the back of hotel due to noise on front ( market square) music from bar you can live with but shouting and fights breaking out on square at all hours in the morning is not what you want, then to be woke again Saturday morning at 5.15 by market people erecting the market, bin men early on Monday morning. Was not aware of this until staff showed us the room on booking in.
Milk in room was hit and miss.
Free parking at back of hotel was a bonus.
Breakfast was nice.
Free drink with booking direct with the hotel was nice gesture plus 20% off meals in restaurant. Which we did use and the food was nice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
KingsHeadBev, Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

We certainly are a lively bar on the weekends, and although we have a great central location it can have its downfall with noise out front from the market square. I'm sorry you were not made aware of this sooner!
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us.

I hope you choose to stay with us again soon, perhaps on a quieter weekday?

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Decided on Kings Head Hotel for lunch and a drink after looking around The Minster- surprised how busy it was for a weekday- thought would be a long wait- service and food very good- value for money-lovely day-lovely lunch.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your Lunch with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Only the second visit to dine, food menu can appear expensive, certainly as it is not full table service, fantastic Gin selection , ordering doubles works out better, cannot fault the food , Mussels with Chorizo, Brisket Burgers all washed down with house red , we left before it got really busy, if you have read any of my reviews, you may have noticed I never write reviews on a restaurant, that fails. It can kill a business overnight, And as is my dream to open my own restaurant, then I would never write a bad review , following trip advisor lead , only positive from me.The Kings head works hard at what they do , a few tweaks it could be perfect. Friday next we will be back as the Champagne is on offe4 every Friday

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad that you enjoyed you meal with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments about our staff and food.
It's lovely to hear that you appreciate our wide range of products from drinks to food.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We had our daughters wedding reception here, we could not fault the service .Lucy and her team were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble, the buffet was excellent all our guests remarked how much they had enjoyed the food. The bedrooms were really nice very clean and comfortable . Excellent from start to finish.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments about our staff and service. We definitely pride ourselves in our little hotel and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience throughout.
I'm delighted to hear that all of your guests enjoyed their evening as well!

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Whenever we visit Beverley (twice a year)we always pop into the Kings Head as always been great value for money, good food and service and and a fantastic atmosphere. Sadly can’t same that was our experience today and probably won’t go back in a hurry. Food was average and expensive for what we had and the buzz (very quite) had gone. Main issue was waitress she didn’t have a clue. We were ready to order both drinks and food at the same time. She asked us what we wanted to drink then rushed off before we could say we were also ready to order food. 10 minutes later drinks had not arrived and food order not taken. Called over male waiter who was apologetic but in all honesty didn’t come across as being that bothered. A real shame.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
KingsHeadBev, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience today and I am so sorry that it didn't live up to your expectations and our expected standards. We do have a few new team members that are "Bedding in" and I'm hoping that this explains the delay and seeming lack of experience showed.

It would really help me if you told me what time you came in and where you sat. I can them investigate and help the member of staff gain more confidence and experience.

Thanks in advance and I really hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards