“Wonderful Experience”

The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Driffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. The School has been finished to a very high specification with the latest appliances and equipment. There is no need to share on our day classes, we have plenty of blenders for everyone! There are four island cooking stations each with a Falcon Rangemaster induction hob and double oven. One of the stations can be lowered to accommodate people who may prefer to sit. Why not complete your stay in one of our nine on site 4* Bed and Breakfast rooms?
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
York, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We booked my daughter and her best friend on the Young Master Class chef afternoon course for a christmas present. What a wonderful way for two teenage girls to spend the afternoon..they had a great time...produced some truly excellent food...really delicious...learnt lots and certainly had lots of fun....a really successful day.. It is a hugely impressive set up..well organised and equipped....in a beautiful setting even in deep snow! Will certainly return...hopefully my turn next time

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great and good value course - you will leave with a tray of delicious food.”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I would strongly recommend a day cookery course at the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School. The school is located in a great setting - up on the Wolds in a converted farm buildings and it looks and feels clean and contemporary. The quality of the cookery equipment was noticeable and the fact that there are people to wash up for you a luxury. I went on the Yorkshire Food cookery day and it was such a stress-free way to learn new receipes and new techniques - the food I took home was just delicious and fed my family for days. The teaching environment worked well and it was good to learn about local produce. The other attendees were of all ages, mixed male and female and ranged from very good chefs to individuals like me who wanted to just enjoy themselves. The day gave me bit of ' time out' when I could switch off from work and family life. I am not a 'foodie' person but I left feeling more confident, knowing receipes that I could use at home but just as importantly feeling good having had a great day with new people in a lovely Wolds environment. Go and have some fun - and it is good value.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Fleur S
Hull, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Birthday Gift Ever!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My mum and I attended the 'Yorkshire Born and Bred' day on Saturday 27th August for my birthday treat! I had to put fingers to the keyboard to share what a truly amazing
experience it was. We thoroughly enjoyed the day and are recommending to everyone we meet! Ali made us feel very much at home, her demonstrations were easy to follow and the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job of looking after us. Thank you for the experience.

Visited August 2011
Granada, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The perfect evening for food and wine lovers"”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We visited the school for a fine wine and fine dining experience , we tried various wines to complement a fabulous meal cooked by Ali , each wine was explained and discussed with Peter Fawcett who was very amusing and full of interesting advice about wines. Our meal surpassed our expectations, using excellent local ingredients. overall a very enjoyable evening and cannot wait to do it again.

Visited June 2011
East Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic cooking experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I did the Yorkshire Born and Bred course back February this year. I normally tend to avoid spending time in the kitchen at home, probably as I dont know quite what I am doing, but this course gave me so much confidence to try things I previously would not have had the guts to do, Toad in the Hole, Bread and Butter Pudding, Yorkshire Curd Cheesecake were just a few of the 8 dishes I prepared and took home for my husband to enjoy! Well worth a visit and a great idea for a gift!

Visited February 2011