“Refurbished Restaurant”

Ranked #35 of 62 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Price range: US$ 86 - US$ 86
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Exceptional fine dining located at the Careys Manor Hotel. At the Manor Restaurant we offer traditional British cuisine with a French twist. All of our ingredients are locally sourced where possible and we aim to use only the freshest seasonal produce, meaning that our menus change frequently. The 2 AA Rosette restaurant is the perfect place for you to sample exquisite cuisine with your friends and family. The restaurant is available for residents and non-residents, and booking is highly recommended.
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Just returned from Careys. They have done some refurbing of the hotel and the changes to the public rooms are excellent. However the Manor Restaurant is now called the "Cabium" (something to do with the rings on a tree). It is attempting to be a fine dining experience. When we went it was empty aside from us and 2 others. The 2 courses, bottle of wine (middle range)and coffee for 2 cost £160. The food was good but not exceptional and the service was the kind of friendly efficiency I have come to expect over the 25 years we have visited the hotel. I paid less than this recently at the Gavroche in Mayfair and I can tell you that Careys has some way to go to even get near replicating that experience. If you have booked B,B and Evening Meal you get an allowance of £40 per person! When discussing all this with a manager he made the point that the allowance would cover the costs of a meal in the Blaireau or the Thai restaurant. True I think but that is not the point and the fact he could not understand this says a lot about the new regime. I think the change is a mistake at almost every level. Without 50% of covers from non-residents I cannot see that it can work and it has changed the character of a stay at Careys. As I say we have been going for 25 years and we would only return for Band B and use the facilties whilst eating at the Pig nearby. I wonder what will happen at Xmas and New Year?

Reviewed 23 October 2014

The food was OK, the service and staff was professional and polite. The food took some time to arrive which was probably due to the chef spending too much time poncing about with the presentation of the food instead of concentrating on the quantity. Food was tasty ... when it arrived.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

service fantastic, Fernando, Joao and Gabor all wonderfully polite, funny and charming! hats off to the Chef, as the food was exquisite!

Reviewed 16 October 2014

Superb dining experience. Dinner price set at £40 per person. Worth every penny.
Three courses with a good choice.
The service here is amazing. It is also where breakfast is served. This was something else. Even down to a honeycomb. Beautiful

Reviewed 30 September 2014

I dined here with 3 friends on a weekday evening. At 7pm we were the second table to be filled in the restaurant. The decor is very dated with no pictures or decorations so it desperately needs refurbishing. We were given menus and then had to wait ages to get some attention so we could order some drinks. The service was friendly but lacking in attention to detail. Having ordered our food, we again had to wait and ask for a wine list. Perhaps they need a wine waiter as they're missing out on drinks orders. To start I had Hot Smoked Mackerel followed by the Trio of Pork and finished with Banana Souffle. The food was delicious but took ages to arrive and in the end we were the last to leave at 10pm - 3 hours for a meal! I felt sorry for the chef, because of the poor service and decor I wouldn't rush back.