1,212 results
All reviewshonesty barfree cakeparking spacestanding hatjames hillgillies holtsnug barbrusher millsexbury roommorant roomwilverley roomtea and cakefresh milknew foreston arrivalreserved parkingbucks fizz
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Cottage Lodge, beautiful bright and light room, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast all ingredients sourced locally. Very friendly and helpful staff. Loved my allocated parking place with my name displayed, really helpful.

And now the wonderful Bella Marie is on board offering brilliant alternative therapies from aromatherapy massage to facials and reflexology. She has 30 years experience and boy do you know it. I had probably the best aromatherapy facial and massage I've ever had.

My mum had a really amazing reflexology session, so good she's going back the hotel in a couple for weeks a has already booked a couple more treatments.

And all in the comfort of your own room.

There is a lovely snug at the hotel where you can site and have complimentary tea, coffee and cakes and for guests who'd like to stay with dogs you. An eat dinner or breakfast in the snug with your dog too.

This is a lovely little, modern, unpretentious hotel with lovely staff and where nothing is too much trouble.

Well worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NewForestFilly, Manager at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of us and for your praise of our new wellness service With Bella Marie. We are so pleased that you have enjoyed this fabulous new addition to our facilities here at the Cottage and we look forward to welcoming back your mother to us very shortly.

Best wishes for the rest of the Summer!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had an overnight stay at the Cottage Lodge Hotel whilst attending a family wedding. The staff were extremely helpful prior to our arrival and allowed us an early check-in so that we could get changed into our wedding "gear". Our room was not the best but it was the last one available for the night and had everything you could need and the bed was very comfortable. They have a great system for the car park which means you have your own allocated space.
Breakfast was scrummy with plenty of choice. We would highly recommend this Hotel and compliment the staff on their attention to detail. Well done.

Room Tip: Book early, we did have some noise from the kitchen which was the other side of the wall.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
NewForestFilly, Owner at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Wilter59, thank you for your lovely review. Delighted you had a nice time. When you said the room wasn't 'the best'. Did you mean that out of our range of rooms you choose a more modest room. At Cottage Lodge we have small doubles, garden rooms, cosy four posters, large four posters, twin rooms and one junior suite. Pleased you liked your stay with us. Hope you visit us again. All the best Christina

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This was our forth visit here in the last couple of years - the standard of service, accommodation and and cleanliness is second to none - in my opinion it's as good as it gets, and I've stayed at a lot of hotels. I will certainly be returning soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NewForestFilly, Manager at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments; we are always so pleased when we hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay, with us here, at Cottage Lodge.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We came apon Cottage Lodge by default really & blissfully happy that we did!
My husband has been battling cancer for a year & we have resorted to using a wheelchair at times for our own benefit, so we planned our route to Brockenhurst from Dorset by train, a nice easy journey with incredibley helpful station staff along the way. Our first problem occurred when we tried to book into our original hotel only to find our booked ground floor room was in fact up two flights of stairs, not easy with a wheelchair!! Our heart sank when we realised our chances of a room anywhere else was limited at it was New Forest show week & very busy all round. A few phone calls later & bingo we had a ground floor room at The Cottage Lodge.
Our arrival was legendary, as we arrived with bags & wheelchair we spotted our reserved parking space complete with name, & we left our chair parked in our space & amused at the lovliness of it all. The bright yellow door opened & there stood Bel " Hello Sharon I've been waiting for you, you look a bit harrased, I bet a pot of tea & cake would help" we fell in love with the place that minute.

Our room was ground floor, private & gorgeous! Super comfy bed, lovely quality bedding, furniture, bathroom fittings & each room has a history or is named after local people. After a little afternoon snooze we got ready for dinner in the hotel restaurant run by Bruno. I'm a chef, I love my food, I'm fussy at times & hate things not being sourced locally, this restaurant ticked every box, great interesting menu, locally sourced food, & extremely well cooked. We enjoyed two nights of dinner & both delivered some lovely dishes.
We slept like logs, and awoke to beautiful sunshine & breakfast! A wonderful array of fruit, cereals, pastries etc to enjoy & the cooked breakfast options where better than the Ritz!! We especially enjoyed a visit from Christine the owner who chatted to everyone having breakfast & was interesting & knowledgable about the area.
So........... would we go back, I want to move in, I've never had a better greeting at a hotel, spotlessly clean room, fantastic quality food & tea & cake was just perfection. Your star rating is not high enough & I wish you continued success with the hotel as you very much deserve it. Special mention to Bel who really did make us forget our troubles for two days, you are such a great ambassador for the hotel & thank you for all the care & attention you gave to us both.
Kind Regards Sharon & Antonio Dilieto.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gasperbottom
NewForestFilly, Manager at Cottage Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Sharon & Antonio,

Thank you for that truly lovely review. We were so happy to have been able to accommodate you last minute and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much!

We believe very much that we are welcoming you into our home when you stay with us here at the cottage, and as a team we always try and look after our guests the way we would would ourselves like to be treated, so we very much appreciate your lovely feedback on this!

We hope that now you've found us and have seen we were easily accessible for your requirements that you'll be back soon to see us again.

Best wishes for a lovely summer!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stayed here five times now, so thought I'd better finally leave a review! The hotel is ideally situated to access all the off road cycle network of tracks which are just stunning. The hotel is consistently a pleasure to stay in and very friendly and clean. There is a place to store your bike. You can walk easily to the local pubs for an evening meal. Breakfast is good and efficient. I have tried five different rooms, they are all individual and I've never had a problem. Will definitely be back again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you very much Peter for taking time to review us.
We are thrilled that you are a regular visitor here to the cottage and so enjoy the magnificent forest for your rides. We are very lucky to be situated in the centre of the forest so conveniently.
So as you mentioned 5 rooms tried (so only 10 more to complete the property:-) ) We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Wishing you a lovely summer and full of plenty more cycling!!