Just returned from a weekend stay at Cottage Lodge. We were in one of the smaller rooms, but it was cosy and comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing in our room and borrowing a few of the handy DVDs in the restaurant to watch in our room. I loved the importance placed on sustainability and using local products and produce - one of my reasons for choosing to stay there -- there were local wines and liquors in the cosy snug and always freshly made cake for nibbling on. The breakfasts were great with a choice of local hot english breakfasts and omellettes or a variety of cereals and fruits. I loved the breakfast room decor with the information about the new forest on the walls.
The location was great - we were cycling and it was very easy to get around Brockenhurst and to other areas of the new forest. The maps and cycle routes in the snug were really helpful.
Best of all - the service was fabulous. Everyone was very friendly and helpful - from the moment we arrived in the pouring rain to returning home to find I'd left behind something important! When I called up to ask if they had found it, they were incredibly helpful and even offerred to post it back to me free of charge. What a wonderful friendly place -- I hope we someday have a chance to come back and stay again. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest