Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,443 results
All reviews armada restaurant executive room alhambra room afternoon tea walker suite heron suite new forest stunning grounds outdoor pool glass of champagne wedding breakfast wedding venue wedding reception steam room spa facilities short break lovely location
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

I visited Rhinefield for their Sunday lunch with a girlfriend. The hotel is set in mature woodlands and is a listed building, the staff were all extremely proactive, very friendly and had a genuine desire to delight the customers. We were offered water immediately we took our seats. Menus were given to us and our server asked if we had an allergies. My friend had a gin and tonic, served with juniper berries... a charming touch. My salmon was delicious as was my friend’s roast chicken. Veggies were nicely presented separately. Staff offered warm breads and kept a close eye in the room to anticipate customers needs. I had cheese, my friend had ice cream for our last course. Tea and coffee was served in generous sized pots. A member of staff asked if we would like to walk in the gardens and walked us to the rear of the property to access the ornamental gardens. All staff were highly motivated and gave first class customer service. Food and decor was excellent too. I will definitely return. Thoroughly recommend this venue. 2 courses were only £25.50 per person.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gareth Davies, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest
We are really pleased to read that your dining experience was an enjoyable one and thank you for taking the time to review us. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2022

I arranged a surprise night away at the Rhinefield for my Wife's birthday and the whole experience was truly delightful - the service, staff, food and location were absolutely perfect. Booking was easy and on arrival Rianne in reception mentioned we could upgrade our room for just £20. She took the time to show us both rooms, with no pressure and we were very happy to take "Bluebell" the superior room. Our evening meal in the beautiful restaurant was served by a gentleman originally from Romania who was so professional, friendly and attentive. Outstanding service, discreetly delivered!

Room tip: We can really recommend Bluebell!

Dear Guest
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for the positive feedback received.

Reviewed 6 June 2022 via mobile

Rarely do I write a negative review but the reviews of the afternoon tea at Rhinefield House seem so far off our experience that I feel it is only right to forewarn others.

This was the most disappointing afternoon tea that I’ve had in over 20 years and particularly so when one of the best is 10 minutes down the road for the same price at Limewood.

I’d expected afternoon tea to be served at Rhinefield House in the delightful room signposted in the hotel as the afternoon tea room. Instead, all customers were squashed into a small and dark dining room (and my guess is it is closer to the kitchen/other area the waiters have to cover). If I had wanted to eat in a dining room, I would have booked for lunch.

Then, there was a 30 minute wait for the first course and when we complained about the delay, we were told it was our fault due to the fact that we booked last minute in the day. In fact, we booked a week ago. To be fair to one of the staff, he did offer us a glass of champagne by way of apology.

The most unexpected (and not in a good way) part of the experience was the food menu. First course consisted of a large hot meat and mushroom pie, a hot butternut squash and blue cheese pasta dish and a cold smoked salmon terrine. The combination was bizarre in itself - hot and cold; meat in pastry, smoked fish terrine and veggie cheesey pasta - but stranger still was why they were being served as part of Afternoon Tea. I don’t think anyone would expect these to be part of an afternoon tea menu. To be fair to the hotel, I now see that these items are on their sample menu. But I didn’t expect to be told by the waiter when he asked why we hadn’t eaten much and we explained that they were not standard fare for afternoon tea that he had over 20 years’ hospitality experience and it was common practice to include such a wide range of foods, including pizza, in afternoon tea. He followed it up with the chef has no choice in the matter and has been required by management for over a year to serve this menu.

Second course consisted of sandwiches and scones. The sandwich fillings included smoked salmon with cream cheese and cucumber; completely recognisable as afternoon tea but not in sundried tomato bread. At £35 per head just for the food, I also didn’t expect to be served just 3 tiny sandwiches or a small jar of shop bought jam with the scones.

Third course was a selection of three cakes, which were all pretty awful.

The icing on the cake was the fact that the discretionary service charge had been automatically added to the bill and when I asked for it to be removed, the response was “it wasn’t my fault“.

If someone is expecting an authentic afternoon tea of a sound quality that you would expect for £35 per head, I would not recommend Rhinefield House.

Room tip: Try Limewood instead.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest
I am sorry you did not appreciate the experience that we offer here at Rhinefield House.
Thankfully so many of our guests do appreciate what we offer and the concept that we put into place earlier this year which you disliked so much has been a huge success with many returning guests already.
I am disappointed that you will not be one of these revisiting guests.
Regards

Reviewed 25 May 2022 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome! The staff were lovely and very attentive - nothing was too much trouble! The food was absolutely delicious. We dined outside, overlooking the beautiful grounds. It really was a wonderful dining experience. We shall return again soon!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for reviewing your dining experience with us, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your lunch and will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Myself and my now husband spent two nights at Rhinefield house for our wedding. Our first night was spent in separate rooms keeping up with tradition of the bride and groom not seeing one another on the day of the wedding and the following night together in the walker suite provided complimentary by the hotel as part of our simply perfect wedding package.

We had been planning our wedding with Rhinefield for almost 2 years and found all staff members of the wedding ceremonies team to be extremely helpful, no question was too silly and we always received a response promptly.

We asked for early checkin the night before our wedding and were glad that this was accommodated, for all our guests staying over the night before. I was checked in to the Munro suite for the night and was overwhelmed at the style, size and luxury of what is basically an apartment! It made the morning of the wedding so much easier with so much space for my bridal party, to come and go and just relax in the night before, as well as the staff and our photographer. All our dresses and flowers were delivered to the room as well as room for hair and makeup to be done. All staff were extremely helpful with all my requests and served us breakfast in the room on the day of the wedding. The food quality was lovely and we had plenty to eat to get us through the day. Our guests mentioned how good all the food and drink was at the reception especially the bacon baps we had in the evening buffet. We also ate in the conservatory the night before the wedding. The food was very good with a good choice on the menu that was all reasonably priced. There was a mixup over payment on our part but this was resolved very quickly by Angel in the restaurant, who was understanding of the situation and a friendly member of staff.

My groom spent the night before in a classic double. Nowhere near as luxurious as mine but still really good! Very clean and tidy with a view out towards the pool. Guests of our wedding party had no trouble finding him as it was one of the first rooms you come too. On the wedding day both our bags were delivered to our new suite along with other items pertaining to the wedding. The walker suite much like the one I was in the night before was amazing! Views over the grounds with champagne and chocolate to celebrate, a fantastic bathroom that had the biggest bath I’ve ever seen (pictures don’t do it justice!) and all the luxury you could think of.

Special mention to Steve and Angie for running the day, we couldn’t have done it without all your help. I feel this has been a complicated review to write as it is centred so much around our wedding, Rhinefield is a special place to us and we will always say it’s the best because of the memories we have here. However I feel that even if this had just been a standard weekend away we’d both still agree that Rhinefield is a brilliant hotel with great staff, service, food and grounds to please anyone. We hope to return ASAP and of course next year for our 1st anniversary.

Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
We are delighted that your special day was such a memorable one and that all in attendance had such a good time celebrating. Thank you also for taking the time to review us, I am sure that anyone reading this review will visit us with very high expectations! Which of course my team are ready and waiting to deliver.