2,023 results
All reviews the grill armada restaurant executive room afternoon tea alhambra room walker suite handpicked hotels hand picked hotels timeshare apartments grand hall new forest ornamental drive lounge bar health club classic room stunning grounds outdoor pool
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Greeted at reception with a smile, shown to room which was large in size, very clean and lovely decor. The garden is lovely, seating around pond area which is great for a quiet drink, when you can actually get someone to serve you, staff very busy but left you for a long time to be served in the bar area. Spa area nice but small. Had dinner in less formal restaurant in the evening, food was nice but not as nice as expected for the hotel. Think more staff required for holiday weekends when general public around, no sunbed free at outside pool. Overall, lovely setting, rooms generous and clean, food generally good, as was breakfast, staffing could be more, but they were helpful and polite.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dulce M, Hotel Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Good Afternoon Saintmum1
Thank you for your most helpful feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay.
Please feel free to contact me directly when you're planning your next visit to the New Forest, so I can look after your reservation personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Rhinefield.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We have stayed here twice in the last fortnight on separate visits , so good the first time we had to return, each time we were made to feel special, lovely clean well appointed rooms. Functional spa area a few tweaks needed but much appreciated area. The evening meals in the main restaurant saw professional staff with great personalities and amazing food. Good breakfasts on our second visit we were in the Great Hall which is an amazing room

Date of stay: July 2018
Dulce M, Hotel Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Good morning njydevon
We are delighted you had a great experience on both occasions!
I will share your most kind comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My wife and I stopped for lunch whilst visiting the New Forest and ordered a 'Ploughmans' each for ourselves.
I have to say that disappointed was an understatement, as what arrived was a small piece of cheese and two thinly sliced pieces of white bread which were hard to bite into and could even have been stale. There was also a very small side salad - it was really small!
The ham was, in my opinion, similar to a cheap supermarket bought thinly sliced ham.
Please note that this is the first time that I have ever given a poor review but as we were considering possibly staying at a later date I feel that I should highlight the poor quality of the food provided. We left very disappointed and surprised, as the location is obviously second to none and we thought the lunch would be as well.

2  Thank molesw

Good morning molesw

Thank you for your most constructive feedback following your recent experience at Rhinefield.
Could I trouble you for your contact details so we can discuss your experience further?

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed at the hotel for three nights in an executive room. Although these rooms are not in the main building, we were pleased to be given a room with a view into the national park, just over the hotel fence. We found the room to be spacious, clean and comfortable and given the very warm weather during the time of our stay, we were particularly glad of the air conditioning.

We enjoyed dinner in The Grill on two evenings of our stay. Our meals were served promptly and the food was tasty. We were particularly impressed by the Restaurant Manager’s efforts to accommodate special dietary requirements. We also thought the view from the restaurant overlooking the hotel gardens was very pleasant.

During our stay, we were seated in different rooms for breakfast in The Armada Restaurant, depending on whether private functions were also being accommodated at the same time. We found the decor of the rooms to be very appropriate for the style of the building. We thought there was a good range of choice on the continental buffet, they brought toast to the table and the menu options for cooked breakfasts also provided good variety.

We also enjoyed exploring the beautiful hotel gardens and would certainly consider staying at the hotel again if we were in the area.

Room tip: Executive rooms provide a spacious seating area
1  Thank Jacqueline L

Good morning Jacqueline L

Thank you so much for your extremely kind comments following your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Dulce

Hampshire
SO42 7QB

01590 625 602

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed Rhinefield House for a close friends wedding. The rooms were lovely and the grounds and facilities were great. They had thought about everything, down to slippers, coffee machine etc in the room. During our stay we found some of the staff a little prickly but Corey one of the supervisors at the Hotel was fantastic and made the process so much easier. He was such a fantastic support to the bridal party. We would definitely come back again. We recently stayed at Bartley Lodge hotel in Lyndhurst a month ago and Rhinefield House was by far superior. It’s pricey but worth it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
JDW1997, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Good morning fran_clark2
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the rooms were lovely and facilities were great.
Corey is a star, I will share with him your thoughts
Looking forward to seeing you again soon
Best