1,983 results
All reviewsthe grillarmada restaurantexecutive roomafternoon teaalhambra roomwalker suitehandpicked hotelshand picked hotelstimeshare apartmentsgrand hallheron suitenew forestornamental drivelounge barhealth clubclassic roomstunning grounds
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Came with family to the new forest and stayed at the hotel for 3 days

Good things
Rooms have names
Good food in grill and main dinning area
Nice bar area and very clean
Rooms clean and fresh and nice

Breakfast was a shambles
They could not understand English. Wrong order to wrong person
Continental breakfast in another room to where everyone was sitting
Need to improve the service but other wise nice location . Nice food

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
JDW1997, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Good morning Snehal D
I am pleased that on the whole you had a good experience.
Apologies for the hiccups on breakfast, I have addressed your comments with the team and the experience is where it should be now

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I have been to Rhinefield a few times, every time before was perfect but this time was awful. It was my friends 21st birthday so my partner and I went with him and his partner for drinks and dinner. the drinks before were perfect I could not fault the bar staff how ever we sat for dinner at quarter to 8 and ordered our food around 15 minutes after sitting it took around an 45 to receive our starters and a further hour to receive our main course! I was asked if we wanted desert but I declined due to it being almost 11 o'clock by this point, the waiter then couldn't find the bill and I was forced to wait another 20 minutes just for the Bill!!! and if you are thinking it must have been busy in the resteraunt it wasnt, there were only three tables of people in there!!! I wasn't offered anything in the way of a free desert or money back all I received was "sorry hope we see you again". well I have to say if I have to wait over two hours for a starter and a main and then be told I can't pay for it and leave because they have lost the bill I will definitely not be back.

3  Thank glade

Good morning glade
Thank you for your helpful comments, I am sorry your experience wasn't perfect.
Please could I trouble you to contact me as I would like some clarity on a few points, my email address is jeff.ward@handpicked.co.uk
Hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel has many good points. The location is stunning and the building and grounds very attractive. We were really impressed with the spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Most areas seemed clean and well maintained. Within the rooms there were very good facilities including ironing board and iron, hairdryer etc and excellent tea and coffee making facilities including a mini fridge with fresh milk and orange juice which was complimentary.
In the first night we eat from the grill menu. It was reasonable and not to expensive. The second night we had a private dining room and had a stunning meal. Both mornings, we had a very good breakfast, with plenty of choice.
Outside there is a nice pool area with towels provided.

Negative points are that service can be really slow and sometimes a few of the staff come across a bit abrupt. Orders are mixed up and the wrong thing brought out at the wrong time. There was a wedding going on during our stay, it meant the communal areas became dirty (disabled toilets have wee all over the floor) and they were loud and intrusive.

The stay was reasonably priced and enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Good morning Jodie
I am pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay
I have addressed the speed of service with the team and am pleased to see our efforts are well received.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Caveat:We are regular visitors at Rhinefield and have been so for close to ten years.

I’d come to trip advisor to leave an excellent review of the hotel and staff and find myself, much to me surprise, confronted by several poor reviews.

Our experience this weekend shares some similarity but with a very different perspective. The grounds are very dry, the hotel is busy at the weekend and areas of the hotel do still require upgrading. None of these things should be a surprise this time of year, especially with the current weather and the upgrading process begun by Mr Ward can been seen in improvements everywhere.

We had Sunday lunch at Rhinefield last week for my birthday and were so well looked after by Robert in the Armada that we booked a spur of the moment Sunday night break.

We were met by Helder in reception who was excellent and could not be more helpful.

Our room was spotless and had been newly refurbished. We particularly loved the floor to ceiling windows that looked out on to the forest and enjoyed watching the bunnies and squirrels scampering about.

A lovely gift of chocolates(pictured) was left in our room as a surprise to greet us, which is a nice touch. They didn’t last long though!

Due to the heat we took our cream tea in the lounge at a lovey table suggested Laura that looks out of the pond. We’re quite finicky with how we take our tea and food and although the staff were very busy everything was perfect.

After eating we decided we’d have a stroll around and enjoy the sun and grounds. Everything is very dry but personally I think the grounds keepers are doing an amazing job. The outdoor pool was busy with children and their parents we decided to go down to the indoor pool and spa.

The sauna has been recently replaced and appears brand new, the jacuzzi has been revamped and new lights put in making very it relaxing and the whole spa area is clean, tidy and very enjoyable. We even did a few lengths in the pool to build up an appetite.

Later on we ate at the grill room, all was booked and organized and after some thought, we decided to have our food outside on the terrace in the late evening sun. We were warned to expect midges and there were a few, but it was well worth it to sit outside and dine. The service, although excellent, was slow due to how busy the staff were, but that suited us just fine and allowed us to take our time and enjoy the evening.

Jane had a salad starter which she said was superb, followed by gnocchi and a side of yet more rabbit like food that she pronounced as excellent.

I ordered sirloin steak but our waiter returned to say the sirloin had run out so I went for the ribeye with a peppercorn sauce. I do like a good steak and this was a good quality, flavoursome cut, perfectly and I do mean, perfectly, cooked. As I said earlier on, we are very finicky about our food and I’d have no reservations about recommending the food at Rhinefield to anyone. It simply cannot be faulted.

We had lemon posset desert to share which was a nice light way to finish and then wandered round the grounds as dusk fell.

Breakfast was served in the Armada and was busy once again. However more staff were present, tea and juice coming at regular intervals, I would say the variety and quality of the food is good and we probably ate too much of it. The smoothie is worth a mention here as are the prunes soaked in lemon and elderflower.

We were checked out by Helder once again and his cheary smile, friendly demeanor and helpful attitude ended our stay but began the rest of our day in good spirits.

In conclusion then, our stay at Rhinefield was wonderful and we left feeling pleasantly overindulgent and well looked after. If you are the demanding type or like your hotel to be quiet and peaceful avoid Friday/Saturday’s during the peak of the wedding season. If you want grounds that are lush and green, springtime in the new forest is wonderful.

I would definitely rate the food highly and say that to take tea round the pond listing to the patter of the fountains and watching the mayflys dart about above the coy to be one of the best experiences to be had anywhere in the UK.

Good morning Mark W
Thank you for your lovely review and kind words, delighted you both enjoyed

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Room had air conditioning and very comfortable bed.
Warm welcome at reception
Had room well away from the function rooms and bars, so it was fairly quiet
There were 2 weddings at the weekend so best to get a room away from the discos
Pool area needs a clean up
Loungers very worn
Breakfast was awful !
Waffle was not fresh and very sweet and sickly. Continental breakfast poor selection
We didn’t understand some of the staff when they spoke to us.
I would not rate this hotel 5 star
Maybe 4.
A bit disappointing

4  Thank TravellingSolo_11

Good morning TravellingSolo_11
Thank you for your review, could I trouble you to contact me, as I would like to probe a little on your comments, my email address is jeff.ward@handpicked.co.uk
Looking forward to hearing from you