Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
The Cloud Hotel(Brockenhurst)
US$ 217
US$ 211
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 99
US$ 99
1,976 results
All reviewsthe grillarmada restaurantexecutive roomafternoon teaalhambra roomwalker suitehandpicked hotelshand picked hotelstimeshare apartmentsgrand hallheron suitenew forestlounge barornamental drivehealth clubclassic roomstunning grounds
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Priority of hotel is events and weddings, as we were not staying for any of these reasons we felt our stay lacked interest. Grubby and dirty looking reception man to deal with check in. Bar area and tables were not cleared in any timely manor due to lack of staff or lack of staff interest. As we arrived fairly late we just wanted a light bite to eat in bar, menu choices were shocking with a cut off time of 9pm, either order or go hungry. Laughable as you could order exactly the same lacklustre menu from room service any time! Asked for bowl of chips with sandwiches, told not possible, even though you could order chips with a burger! Following day arrived back at hotel late afternoon. Tried ordering cream tea but had missed the cut off time by 10 minutes. Surely as a paying hotel guest, the mindset of staff should have been to see if any of the cakes were still available, it was just a couple of scones, butter and jam, not difficult! Breakfast on both occasions were tasty but very slow in coming up. Paid £540 for two nights, felt hotel wanted to be something it could not be. Overall over priced, rough round the edges and did not live up to expectations for the price paid

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ja197195
JDW1997, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Good afternoon ja197195
Thank you for your most detailed feedback following your recent stay, I am sorry we were subjected to some staff opportunities over the weekend, but I delighted to confirm they have been addressed and our normal super service has resumed.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly forward me your details so that I may contact you, my email address is jeff.ward@handpicked.co.uk
Looking forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 9 May 2018

My Husband & I stayed here for 3 nights over the sunny Bank Holiday weekend. We had a Classic Garden View Room that overlooked the outside pool. The room itself was perfect... lovely & clean, we had no complaints at all about the room we were given (Barton).

Being Bank Holiday we were expecting the Hotel to be busy, and it was very busy ! However, there was a distinct lack of staff to tend to the amount of guests on site. Throughout the weekend we waited longer than expected for each order of drinks or food. The Staff were always very apologetic for keeping us waiting, we understood that they were all working to full capacity.

We ate in The Grill on the first evening. The Menu in here is quite limited & by the time we served to place an order we were told that they had run out of Sirloin & Fillet Steaks - Hubby was not impressed. I chose the pork chop which said it was served with cider apple coleslaw & fries. I am allergic to apple so informed the waitress who asked if I would like the coleslaw without apple .... yes I said. However, my meal came without any coleslaw as Chef had informed the waitress that this was not possible. Oh well. When we came to settle the bill the Grill Manager said that there would be no charge for drinks as we had been let down with our food choices & had waited a long time to be served. We were appreciative of the discount.

Breakfast was served in the Armada Restaurant (main buffet) and surrounding rooms for extra seating. The Buffet wasn't replenished very quickly. Again, this was due to lack of staff. No pastries on Sunday or Monday mornings, no yoghurts. The waiter always offered orange juice & when I asked for apple juice I was told 'of course Madam' but I didn't get apple juice in the 3 days I had breakfast there !

We ate out locally in Brockenhurst on Saturday evening but chose to eat in the Armada restaurant on Sunday evening as we had been out all day & didn't fancy going out again. My food was really tasty but portions were ridiculously small. Hubby had a very tough piece of lamb that was very undercooked for his taste and chewy. Maybe we got small portions because we chose the set menu as some other diners had hearty platefuls from the A' La Carte menu !

All in all this is a lovely Hotel, a beautiful building in the heart of the New Forest. However, some TLC is needed in & around the hotel to bring it up to standard. The gardens have the potential to be stunning but there were areas of un-mown grass, hedges that needed trimming, dead bushes ..... sack the Gardener ! The patio furniture needs refurbishing or replacing, it was rough & covered in bird poo. Some internal areas need a good clean, particularly the toilet located by the Grill restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Good evening Kellie3005
Thank you for your extremely detailed and helpful review
I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you personally and to that end, could you kindly forward to me your details to jeff.ward@handpicked.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Stayed here three times over the last couple of years and always found it a great experience.
Very pleasant New Forest adjacent surroundings and great formal gardens to wander around on nice sunny stays.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bertone

Good evening bertone
Really pleased you have had another great experience and that you enjoy the pleasant New Forest and our great formal gardens.
Look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a lovely building in an exquisite setting, with more attention to detail it could be a top 5 star hotel.
We arrived on a Sunday when a wedding was taking place and over 100 afternoons teas were being served. It was obvious that they were under staffed and couldn’t cope. As residents they struggled to provide us with lunch.
It may be that there are finance issues as the gardens did not present well and were in desperate need of tending which is a great shame as they are lovely. The building looked tired in places and they need more staff.
Dinner in the grill room was average with a very limited menu. Breakfast was first class. Our room was lovely and well tended but just needed a little maintenance to be excellent.

With better management this could be a true 5 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roelken

Good afternoon Roelken
Thank you for your most helpful and constructive comments following your recent stay.
We were caught a little when you stayed with some staff opportunities, I am pleased to say we have addressed this now and normal super service has resumed.
It would be great to discuss your observations regarding the gardens, please do let me have your details, my email address is jeff.ward@handpicked.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this place with a bit of trepidation of would it be really old but was very pleasantly surprised. Lovely room great facilities and the bar area is very relaxing for either an afternoon coffee or after dinner drinks. Highly recommend the Bazzinga cocktail. We will be back for another visit. Spa area although small is adequate and much needed after long walks in the New Forest xx. Very happy couple. Staff couldn’t be more friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Good evening Lynn M
Delighted you had a great stay and looking forward to seeing you again soon
Pleased the staff were friendly and helpful