1,981 results
All reviewsthe grillarmada restaurantexecutive roomafternoon teaalhambra roomwalker suitehandpicked hotelshand picked hotelstimeshare apartmentsgrand hallheron suitenew forestlounge barornamental drivehealth clubclassic roomstunning grounds
Reviewed 5 October 2015

stayed as a couple, weekend break during summer.

very impressive estate grounds, lots of trees, the grounds are large and nice enough for afternoon walk.

right smack in the middle of new forest, so plenty of walking tracks within easy walking distance if that is your thing.

Staff very 5 star+ friendly as the should be for the price.

Be warned that due to the very picture perfect setting the place is also a wedding factory, so expect Fri/Sat large wedding (probably drunk) parties running around. Hey I was smashed at my wedding so I can't complain =). On the plus side the the music won't reach your bedroom though some of the communal areas were a bit noisy, at least when we stayed.

Perfectly fine in every way, but for the price? well it was a special occasion.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Situated in the Middle of the New Forest with beautiful surroundings, we spent 4 nights at this lovely Hotel last week. Our room, the staff and food were all excellent. We especially enjoyed being able to step out into the Forest for an early morning walk, then back for the best breakfast all beautifully presented on crisp white tablecloths!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with great walks all round it. How galling then to be told our small cairn could not stay on the terrace whilst we had tea on probably the last warm sunny day before winter and after a two mile walk. What a shame - sheer snootiness.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip153
Mark D, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear Philip
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our dog policy at the hotel. It is with great regret that we are no longer able to accept dogs at our establishment and I can assure you it has nothing to do with snootiness. Indeed most of the team own their own dogs and several of the team work part time for a local dog charity socialising young dogs before they enter life looking after disabled people. Unfortunately not all guests staying at hotels or dinning at hotels have the same love for our canine friends and it is for this reason alone we have our no dog policy.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Pros: immaculate surroundings, comfortable rooms, beautiful suites, relaxing gardens beautifully kept, main breakfast room very good.

Cons: tired interior areas, could be updated. Staff not high quality- pleasant and helpful certainly but just a bit tired and not as high quality as the hotel. Not impressed with conference room breakfast, very poor quality. (Lukewarm good, much preferred main breakfast hall)

From my standards like in the title lacks substance, 3 star

Would visit again but

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank GlasgowVenture

Dear Glasgowventure
Thank you for your recent posting to Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at Rhinefield. I was delighted you had enjoyed the house, the bedrooms and the surrounding gardens but was obviously disappointed to read your comments on the buffet breakfast you had and that the team whilst friendly and helpful did not meet with your expectations. As ever your comments are received in the positive way they have been given and I will review them with the team.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

We got married at Rhinefield House 8 years ago and also had a timeshare here, so it holds some wonderful memories for us and when we are visiting the New Forest, if we do not stay here, we always make sure we visit for lunch or afternoon tea.

We decided to have some late lunch, we made our way to the bar area to order some drinks first, and the hospitality we got was shocking. The man behind the bar was very rude, my husband asked what beer they had and he rattled some off not even looking at us and in a very bored manner. Because my husband hesitated on what to order for, I reckon, for 8 seconds, the barman sighed and said ‘just take a seat then and someone will come over to see what you want’. Talk about trying to get ‘rid’ of us or what?!!
We then got a table outside, just to add, there were a lot of wasps around to say the least, we have never had that problem before here.
Well, we waited….and waited…..no one came out. I could hardly say it was because it was busy inside as it was not. We waited HALF AN HOUR and no one came out to us. I find this utterly appalling. We had our two young daughters with us and when children are hungry they want something immediately.
We ended up just walking out having no food or even one drink.
I do not know what has happened to Rhinefield House since we have been there last, but it has slipped - A LOT!! I don't think the décor has been updated since 8 years ago either, and some places of the hotel just looks tired.
Instead, we went to the White Buck Inn and the service we had here was first class and also the food. The ‘barman’ here should take a leaf out of this manager – he knows what he is doing.

I would not visit again, so I can save the memories of getting married here as good ones.
Such. a. Shame.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank josnow7

Dear Joanne
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Rhinefield. I am really sorry at your disappointment and I know we have picked this up personally together to discuss fully.