1,889 results
All reviews bath chap monsoon shower comfy luxe room hen house kitchen garden within a mile radius pork mile menu restaurant with rooms flatbread vegetable garden drawing room the main house new forest roll top bath country house birthday lunch
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I have visited many 'Pigs' and have been here before. I believe it is the original Pig. We walked here for lunch from their sister hotel Lime Wood.

Immediately we were warmly welcomed and sat at our table. The manager looked after us in the restaurant he's a charismatic chap and explained the menu and made recommendations,

We had a great lunch in a wonderful venue. The food was really good we went for lots of dishes as so many looked so tempting - we were not disappointed.

I recommend The Pig, the tone, style and service of the hotel is spot on for me.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Rosie J
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Took my Mother here for her Birthday (lunch) and she thoroughly enjoyed it, said it's one of the best restaurants she been to in a long time. The food was superb, no rush just a relaxing atmosphere, the staff were polite, friendly and not overly attentive. Would highly recommend and looking forward to our next visit.
Thank you for making my Mother's birthday special.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

There is not one single thing a can fault the pig on.
From the moment we arrived to the moment We sadly departed it was perfection down to the last detail.
Our stay was lovely! Every little detail was perfect, right down to the books they have in the room which I have now purchased on amazon.
We stayed in the hen house and oh my word it was worth every penny! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenCM2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Pork based as you would imagine but other dishes on offer too. The bar is delightful with masterfully created cocktails, the restaurant is based partly inside an orangery which gives a “cottage garden” feel. The 25 mile menu is not only sumptuous but beautifully presented.

Expensive? yes. Value? Yes. Favourite restaurant at the moment? Yes.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I knew when I booked the Pig, that it would be special but I was completely blown away by the setting, food and service. We had the green room and the private terrace which was just perfect for our group. The food was incredible and the service was spot on from the start. Thank you Jon for looking after us, a truly wonderful day and a birthday to remember.

Trip type: Travelled with friends