I decided to visit the Pig restaurant with some friends as I had heard such great reviews about the place - and i can honestly say it did not disappoint me! The atmosphere is absolutely lovely, the food was delicious and above all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
When we arrived it was pretty busy, so I immediately worried that we would not have as good a time as I had hoped. I have been to some places which are lovely, until it gets busy and then the standard of service tends to drop - but I am happy to say I was proved wrong in this case! We were seated straight away, and our food came not long after our order was taken. The female restaurant manager who was looking after us could not have been more polite, more friendly or more helpful.
When the food arrived it was absolutely delicious and not one of us could find fault with it at all. The location is beautiful, the food is great, the price is reasonable and the staff are of the friendliest around - what more can you ask for!?!
I would highly recommend this restaurant and I will most definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest