we just had our 2nd lunch with colleagues at The Pig this year. an absolute adorable place, amazing location in the middle of the pristine New Forest in southern england. just beautiful.
we were 7 persons. we had some drinks at the bar beforehand and afterwards had lunch in the main restaurant. the food was good except the meat (rib eye steak) had no flavour at all, and i mean nothing. entrees and desserts were amazing, really nice taste.
the only issue is the attitude problem of the lady manager of the restaurant. she is just totally unfriendly and not helpful. the french waiters are lovely and do their best but they are swimming in rough waters and do not really have someone professional helping them and coaching them.
a sad thing because we absolutely love The Pig in The New Forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest