Food- really bad. And I mean bad. Crab was poolry shelled and so cold it was frozen in the middle. The less said about the pork belly, the better. Not crispy, not crackly. Clearly not "slow cooked". Felt and tasted like it had been boiled. Boiled skin is not very nice.
Service- really bad. The waitress brought out my main when I was still eating my starter and had to be asked to return it to the kitchen!
Ambience/atmosphere. The bar area is cool but interior design budget obviosuly ran out after that. The sitting room particular feels weird.
A shame as the building is nice, as is the setting. But thats about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest