All reviews dogs and cats following morning biscuits bed was very comfortable stunning views short walk good size flavio alpacas pets steve hosts coast henry isaac fab cornwall
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here for three nights this month. We were greeted warmly by Steve, who I think is the main owner and does the greeting of guests and the breakfasts, the other guy does the cleaning side.

There are 4 dogs, all boys, all friendly but none of them "done". Thankfully my lil girl doggie has been done so that was fine.
The 2 big dogs were kept out the way at breakfast time which was good as they got a bit boisterous, especially chasing my dog about. And the two smaller dogs (Henry and Charlie I think) are friendly and Henry is hilarious as he is a grumpy old thing.

The breakfast was superb. We were asked each evening what time we wanted breakfast the following morning and what we wanted. There was plenty of choice from cereal, fruit, yogurts, croissants, cheeses, ham, toast and then a full English or veggie option (which is what I had).
The breakfast is at a shared table but as we were all grownups we just got on with it and to be honest it wasnt too bad. You got to hear about where other people were going and had been and swap tips etc.

My dog was allowed to wonder about freely however I kept her with me most of the time and as she isn't as aware of roads as the owners dogs I kept her on a lead when out of the house (as although the B&B is on a quiet road there is a much busier one not too far away), and didn't let her in the back garden as she would of chased the ducks and chickens.

Speaking of which the owner has the 4 dogs and several cats in the house ( the owners dogs aren't allowed upstairs to the guest bedrooms) chickens and ducks in the garden, small pony and a couple of alpacas in a field next to the house. We were told we could go and have a nosey at them and he seemed aware that my dog might chase them which was good.

Rooms... My mum and I had one each (she snores) so we had our own space. She was in one with a double and single and a small bath at the end of the corridor.
I was in the one that overlooks the rear of the property onto the neighbouring fields, the garden and a hotel up the road.
The rooms were both functional, however could use some tlc which would make them feel and look better.
The TV had decent freeview channels and the wifi was free and was available throughout the house. There is also a guest lounge with a big TV so you don't have to stay up in your room.

Being a B&B you have to be aware that it is also probably somebody's house, so it is going to feel different to a hotel chain, especially if the B&B owner likes to collect things like books, clocks or ornaments etc.

We were allowed to come and go as we wanted which was lovely. The front door was left unlocked until all the guests had come back and then the owner would lock it, but you could still access the keys, luckily, as I had to this morning at 3:30am as my dog wasn't very well after trying to eat some seaweed on the beach earlier that day.

The owner was good with tips on dog friendly pubs and good places to go in the area.

We would return and stay here again when next in the area.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was shabby and not very clean. The carpet was dirty, The bedroom furniture was old and marked. The bedding was old with a green and orange dated duvet cover, pink pillow covers and a lilac fitted sheet; there was several fitted sheets underneath the top one and my partner wouldn't sleep in the bed, he slept on top and we covered ourselves with a cover which smelt like it had been sprayed with air freshener. The wash basin cupboard was chipped with mold around the sink and behind the toilet curtains which didn't pull over properly. The bathroom and cupboard doors were old and shabby and the towels and dressing gowns were grey and rough. My partner refused to shower there nor did he wish to eat there so we made our excuses and left in the morning (although we were still charged for breakfast even though we didn't eat it). You also all have to sit at one table for breakfast which is something we do not like to do (personal choice). At a price of £75 we were very much overcharged. The views and surroundings and wildlife saved the day. This place could be wonderful with some TLC

눇We were greeted warmly, the view from our room (Boscatle Room) was amazing, it was lovely to watch the ducks from the garden and look out across the fields and we also had a sea view. The cliff top walk (which was recommended by the owner) to Bude was beautiful and well worth doing, with breathtaking views.

Room tip: Boscastle is the best room from what we saw on the website, the view is amazing, however the decor is very dated and room not very clean
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Really friendly place, excellent breakfast. Booked in here last minute and they accomodated me, it was pouring down with rain and they welcomed me with a hot drink and biscuits after getting drenched whilst camping. Easy to walk along the coast path from here into the town.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

myself and my husband and the dog in joyed our three night stayed at Upon cross the room was very clean and the view from our room was really amazing you could see the sea from our room nothing was to much trouble for them they made us really welcome we had drink when we arrive there we will be staying again next year l would be tell all my friends if they go to Cornwall they should stay at this B@B

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Myself, my husband and our little dog really enjoyed our stay at Upton Cross. The room's are clean and offer everything you need for a good night's sleep, the location is great as it's only a short walk from Bude however the best part for us were the owners and their attitudes towards our dog, they were warm and friendly they couldn't do enough for us and welcomed our pooch as one of their own. The relaxed atmosphere was great and the breakfast was faultless.
We've stayed in many so called dog friendly establishments but have never known anywhere as dog friendly as Upton Cross, the owners dogs are friendly and love a good fuss and our little shy pooch loved being able to roam around off his lead. We will definitely be returning and will look forward to seeing Flav, Steve and their gorgeous dogs again soon.
Thanks Liz, Kieren and Dougal

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple