All reviews play barn weir bistro dog wash nan's house steam room on site tennis courts widemouth bay dog friendly accommodation outdoor pool fantastic holiday lemon drizzle cake on arrival air hockey fabulous facilities bedroom cottage friendly holiday tractor ride
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Our first trip to whalesborough and it was fantastic. We stayed in arundel, a beautiful, spacious and well appointed 3 bedroom cottage. Decent appliances in kitchen including large fridge-freezer, dishwashers double oven and washing machine. Attention to detail had been given in designing these houses. My only suggestion would have been to make the en suite shower cubicle bigger!!

The whole site is immaculate, plenty of space for small children to run. A small indoor playroom for under 5s which my 2 year old appreciated, and a large play barn with table tennis, pool, darts, basketball hoop, air hockey that I can imagine teenagers love hanging out in! Pool and spa fab although I think the pool could have done with being a few degrees warmer and the hydro fountains turning on randomly was a bit annoying and they were very noisy, especially since most of the time no one was using them! I had a massage which was good and reasonably priced (you get a discount if staying in the cottages). Outdoor park needs a bit of TLC I'd say.

Small farm attended to by Donal who is an absolute asset to the place. He'll meet you for egg collecting and animal feeding in he morning and really takes his time to chat and introduce you to the animals so you don't feel rushed and kids can get the most of the experience. He also does tractor rides over the fields to widemouth bay - prepare to be bumped up and down for 15 minutes!!

Would definitely go back, especially since there was a delicious lemon drizzle cake waiting for us on arrival!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Everyone loved this place which is a first. The attention to detail both with the accommodation and facilities is commendable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The children especially loved the games barn which was a big hit and the feed the farm animals which was an unexpected bonus. On site resturant was a godsend some evenings after a day on the beach, with another excellent safe play area. I suspect we will be back!

Room Tip: Check how to turn off the heated towel rail if the weather is warm.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is our second visit to Whalesborough and once again we had a wonderful time.
The cottage was clean and well equipped and the enclosed garden was a great addition for our dog.
The pool complex was excellent and our overall experience was very good.
We can highly recommend Whalesborough.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Excellent facilities, great for kids, exceptionally clean. All the family of 6 had a great time, not enough time to do everything. We have booked to come back next year! Can't wait. We would all recommend this holiday!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

A beautifully kept venue with fabulous facilities. I loved the swimming pool area and my husband really enjoyed the fishing so we were both content.
The dog baths were an absolute Godsend and allowed our Labrador to roll in puddles to her hearts content. 3 baths in one week!
The one level cottage - Little Main, was light and airy and was a pleasure to stay in. Comfy bed and we fell in love with the stylish wine glasses so much we bought some when we got home. We are a bit sad like that....
Our only difficulty was moving all our luggage in and out as it was a bit of a walk from the car park. My husband is disabled and so it was down to me. I found it hard going balancing the 2 wheeled wheelbarrow which was available for such tasks. Shame, otherwise it would have been a 5 star stay for me.

Room Tip: If walking/ carrying is a problem pick your cottage carefully.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple