“Nice view good food”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Venachar Lochside has a beautiful location on the banks of Loch Venachar, 10 minutes from Callander. Our menus offer fresh, seasonal and local produce. We have facilities for idyllic lochside weddings and functions in addition to great trout and pike fishing from both boat and bank.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went to lunch here around 2:00. It was crowded, we did have to sit at a small table in not the best spot of the restaurant but we didn't have reservations so that was fine. I had fish and chips, which were delicious. I had an appetizer that I didn't care for was a terrine, but I just think it was something I didn't have a taste for, not that it was bad. Service wasn't the fastest, but I wasn't in a hurry with the view and all, so that was fine too. I know this doesn't sound like the best review, but for the crowd I thought they did a good job. We didn't have to wait long to get a seat and as I said, I was not in a hurry and they didn't rush us at all.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Venachar Lochside

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We recently attended a wedding and reception held here; the whole day was very good with fantastic food, plenty of staff for a small bar ensuring no queues, and great service. Fantastic views over the loch. Would definitely come more often if I lived closer.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

From the setting to the staff to the choice of food this was a great choice for us. We only popped in for something light as we were invited out fordinner later but this wasn't a problem even though it was during the lunch service. My husbands curried swede soup although sounding "different" was extremely tasty. The staff were setting up for a wedding the next day towards the end of service. We didn't find this off putting as it made me think how lovely the setting would be for the ceremony. Views are stunning across the loch

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This place is an absolute gem! I visited with my family, we were staying at a holiday home for children affected by cancer, and when we mentioned this we were made so welcome and treated incredibly well. The food was excellent, modern, fresh & delicious, very generous portions, and interesting veggie options. Brilliant staff too - the service was delightful, so warm & friendly, my kids loved how attentive and chatty the servers were.

Although they offer 'wee things' for kids, like burgers, fish & chips etc, my kids opted for the main menu and both loved their choices, my son raved about his chicken served on a bacon & potato terrine, he says it's one of the best meals he's ever eaten. Everything we ate was perfect. We also tried the gnocchi, the Sunday roast (pork), the Cullen skink, the chestnut pate & monkfish scampi. Everyone was tasting each other's food and saying, wow! That's delicious! As for the chocolate cake - it was the best ever.

Oh, and the setting is just a wee bit special too...! The view of the Loch is beautiful. Thank you so much for a really memorable occasion, we hope to come back one day. I want to try the burger, the duck, the fish & chips, and just about everything else on the menu! And my kids would love to come back too - they thought it was really special.

2  Thank jennyinedin
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We attended a wedding ceremony here and it was just beautiful, from the start to the very end.

The view was amazing. The food was so good... we were served trout from the loch which was cooked to perfection and enjoyed the BBQ. The cakes that were made by you were brilliant and so tasty.
Beautiful inside and out!

The staff were friendly and welcoming.

We enjoyed the entire day. Thank you!