My husband and I stayed here for 1 night with our mum as we were attending a family funeral in Newton Abbot. We booked the downstairs apartment but when we arrived we had been upgraded to the Penthouse apartment. It was lovely. Mum had a lovely double room with tv and we had a beautiful and huge double room with sitting area and outside seating overlooking the chickens and countryside. We did not have dinner in the restaurant because we were very tired from a 6 hour drive, but our breakfast was lovely. Great choices and the eggs were so delicious we bought some to bring home. The staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was a problem.
Unfortunately, the circumstances were not the best for our visit but we would definately recommend Sampsons Farm to anyone and would love to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 14c thatched Devon longhouse bed breakfast with additional ground floor en-suite rooms in the converted stables. We offer rustic charm with friendly professional service. Pick your own free range eggs for breakfast from our array of happy hens in the apple orchards. River walks along the Templers way 4oo yards down the lane, walk across to Stover Country Park, free Wellingtons on standby. Home-made cakes baked by my daughter Eliza and why not treat yourself to a Devon Cream Tea. Great location to Discover Dartmoor (Hound of the Baskerville country) Teignmouth, Shaldon and Dartmouth all close by. Visit the famous Eden Project only 90 minutes away by car. I am always on hand to guide you on what to see and where to go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sampsons Farm, Restaurant & Rooms Hotel Newton Abbot
- Sampsons Farm, Restaurant And Rooms
- Hotel Sampsons Farm Country