We made a late booking for one nights stay to pick up a puppy in Newton Abbot on the Sunday morning. Arrived Saturday evening and although the restaurant was closed we were offered several alternatives in relation to food and in the end we settled for home made soup and bread which was exceptionally good. After tea and coffee in the lounge we retired to our room in the converted stable block. The room was certainly large enough for the two of us and we both slept very well. The room and bathroom were exeptionally clean. Breakfast was brilliant with a large choice of "starters" followed by the traditional "full english" There was also an option to build you own breakfast of poacked eggs, omelettes, bacon and sausages etc, plenty of tea and toast. Overall 10 out of 10. Very pleasant hosts who could not have been mor helpful. I would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 14c thatched Devon longhouse bed breakfast with additional ground floor en-suite rooms in the converted stables. We offer rustic charm with friendly professional service. Pick your own free range eggs for breakfast from our array of happy hens in the apple orchards. River walks along the Templers way 4oo yards down the lane, walk across to Stover Country Park, free Wellingtons on standby. Home-made cakes baked by my daughter Eliza and why not treat yourself to a Devon Cream Tea. Great location to Discover Dartmoor (Hound of the Baskerville country) Teignmouth, Shaldon and Dartmouth all close by. Visit the famous Eden Project only 90 minutes away by car. I am always on hand to guide you on what to see and where to go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Sampsons Farm Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sampsons Farm, Restaurant & Rooms Hotel Newton Abbot
- Sampsons Farm, Restaurant And Rooms
- Hotel Sampsons Farm Country