“Takeaway”

Ranked #35 of 163 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Had a takeaway delivered to the caravan park I was staying at no messing about the young lady who took my order was efficient the delivery on time the gentleman who made the delivery polite the food was hot and tasty I had the chicken tikka and lamb bhuna and as I am from Birmingham I know my way around a curry and it was delicious

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank onlyjo

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Currys have been dire both times . I like a vindloo but have to say both times have been the worst curries ever.

So much so on my second visit I ordered a Korma when I said about the vindloo being disgusting they explained they had a new cook.....who can't cook.

Left feeling ill noticed kitchen staff did not was there hands after going to the toilet also

Pretty naff

Date of visit: April 2017
9  Thank JonathanB302
Jobada B, Owner at Kashmir Indian Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Hi Jonathan,

I'm a little baffled as to where you visited that evening as we have had the same chef for a good few years and same front of house staff . Also what is more confusing is your statement about the kitchen staff, it is impossible for you to see our kitchen staff use the staff toilets as they are located in a separate area away from front of house with there own separate entrance and own hand washing basin.
I also took a look at reviews you have left for other establishments and soon realised that you are someone who enjoys writing negative reviews regardless of whether you have enjoyed or even visited these places. So Jonathan if you are down in Christchurch again please pop in and see us maybe even actually write us a genuine review.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

What a great place and nice people. Got a take away from here recently. The food was great and the staff very helpful. We will definitely use this service again.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank markywg2016
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We went out as s family with five of us going to the Kashmir. Great friendly service and really good food!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Tanstewey
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We tried to book but the internet booking did not seem to work and the phone was always busy so we just took a chance and went along. This is only a very small restaurant with seating for approx 30 so we were fortunate in that we were offered a table so long as we could be finished within 1.1/2 hours.
The menu was good, the service very good and the food absolutely delicious. It was full of spicy flavours without being too hot which suited our taste.
Would certainly visit again if we are ever in the area in the future.
We are now looking to see if there are any Kashmir restaurants in our area because the flavours are something completely different to the normal Indian.

Date of visit: February 2017