“It got me beat!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We fancied a Chinese meal that wasn't takeaway, read the reviews and decided this was the best option. One waitress was very helpful,the other was obviously having a bad day. By the time we had worked our way through the mountains of food on our first and second courses we were too full to order a main course each, so shared one between us. Out of everything we sampled the crispy duck was the best, it was very crispy, just how I like it. The restaurant is accessible to Christchurch and Southbourne as about halfway between the two places. It's on a bus routetoo if you want an alcoholic drink. Yes, would go back.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Been going here for the last few months and really enjoy the food, I booked a table Wednesday night to make sure we had a seat because it gets busy, we turn up and apparently there is no booking for us same as a lady in front of us but thankfully for her she was seated, we wait until everyone is in them get told the only thing I could be offered was to sit in the conservatory and eat food and we could get discounted drinks. Not happy at all had to leave because why would anybody sit out in the conservatory seating entrance to eat your lunch meal.

Don't think I will waste my time making a booking and going again because they don't honour the bookings

2  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Nothing elaborate to look at but like all good Chinese restaurants the element of surprise is how good the food is and this did not disappoint. The A La Carte menu is very good but the value for money is the buffet where if your appetite is good you can get to try quite a few dishes that are on the main menu for quite a reasonable price. The owner and staff are very friendly, the interior very clean with gleaming white table cloths and well dressed staff. I dined early as I was visiting Christchurch so it was not over busy but was filling up as I left around 7.00pm

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Had a lovely meal here last night. The service and food was excellent.
I have to say , the outside really doesn't prepare you for the lovely experience you will have inside ( its a little scruffy) but press on and inside ..you'll be glad you did.The menu is varied and nothing was too much trouble.
We had great food, and a really lovely waitress who was lovely and friendly. She shared her great sense on humour with us and really made us feel welcome and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Visited restaurant a few weeks ago now and had an excellent meal. The staff were great too and even retrieved my wedding ring which had fallen down the plug hole when washing my hands! Great service, thank you!