“Happy Wedding Guest”

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #65 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Vicarage is a six bedroom Country House set in the heart of ten acres of Gardens. Say "I Do" at The Old Vicarage! Tie the knot, then celebrate with a party to remember in our stunning Garden Marquee. The beautiful Botanical Gardens and Woodlands offer the most perfect back-drop for what will become the most memorable day of your lives. A dream setting, coupled with outstanding food and service, for you and your guest to enjoy. The Old Vicarage is Licensed for Ceremonies, in our beautiful Orangery and outside Summer House. We are here to work with you, our dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinators will be on hand from beginning to end, ensuring stress- free preparations. offering you the utmost in flexibility and attention to detail, each Wedding is tailored to your specification. Co-ordinate with our Cordon Bleu Chef to create an enticing Menu. We enjoy what we do and look forward to working alongside you to create the Wedding of your dreams!
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We were fortunate to be invited here for a friend's wedding, and had a wonderful time during the celebrations. I asked if gluten free food could be provided - it was to be afternoon tea, followed by pizza in the evening. They did me proud, with my own selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes, and later a roll-based pizza pair to go with delicious salads. Appreciated the vintage, mismatched china, and the service was excellent. Our only grumble would be that the gravel path back to the event car park was largely unlit, so it felt like a bit of an adventure. It was a delightful wedding and a lovely day.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Wow!!!! Came here for a wedding had an amazing time! Beautiful venue, staff are fantastic cannot fault them so kind and helpful!!! Food was delicious first wedding I've attended (other than my own) where I have eaten everything!!!!! Highly highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

We had an afternoon tea yesterday for my Mum's birthday and it was absolutely brilliant. There were about 30 of us and the food was brilliant and the staff were absolutely excellent. It is set in beautiful grounds and would be the ideal place to have a wedding. Could not fault it

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Celebration of friends life on 6th July. Although overflow parking not well signed - not a real issue - venue lovely.

Cups very badly tea stained - was surprised at how such a well run venue could put out cups that are so badly stained - not just one or two either.

Can I suggest that even with fine china (which some of the cups were), they need either a proper wash on inside, or can go in dishwasher each time - mine do and are absolutely OK .

Please be assured however that this didn't spoil our afternoon - and thank you for lovely venue.

1  Thank questionerSomresetuk
Reviewed 10 July 2015

The Old Vicarage provides guests with excellent accommodation and a fabulous breakfast. The staff are very attentive and the rooms are excellent . I loved my stay there.