“Lunchtime real treat!”

Ranked #31 of 164 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 41
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alex Aitken from Le Poussin, Limewood and The Jetty, is now in charge of the food and menus at The Kings Restaurant.The Restaurant serves the very best local and seasonal food – with sophisticated simplicity and a unique and charming English setting, overlooking the Kings Arms Bowling Green and historical castle ruins.The Kings Restaurant is honoured to introduce the new 'Josper Grill', a technique that imparts a distinctive charcoal flavour to all the local and handpicked ingredients placed upon its coals. The delicious menu makes use of the very best local ingredients either caught, grown or prepared close to Christchurch from the New Forest and the waters of the South Coast.
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I love the Kings Arms, the hotel has been beautifully restored, it is definitely the heart of Christchurch. My husband and myself had a rare lunchtime free
and wanted a special lunch, we certainly had that! We had the Ham Hock which was enormous, succulent and delicious and the dressed local crab, followed by a naughty desert. Well done everyone at the Kings x

Date of visit: February 2018
NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you very much for your very kind and honest review; I must admit that the Ham Hock is one of my favourite!
See you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I do not often write reviews but was so impressed with the Kings Arms that I felt compelled to do so. We had lunch today to celebrate my aunt's birthday and everything about the experience was fantastic. We live, and often eat out, in London so have comparisons galore and the food here is truly exceptional. The service too was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and the restaurant manager is a true professional, well supported by friendly, competent staff. Just wish we lived nearer so that we could go more often as I genuinely cannot understand why this place is not packed to the rafters 24/7. Highly recommended.

NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your review and I'm glad to read that yourself and your Aunt had an enjoyable lunch with us celebrating her B-day, We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Our starters were proper gorgeous to look at. Overall, presentation was never less than Outstanding. The Baked avocado and prawn Thermidor was beautiful. Also the orange smoked duck.

The hotel restaurant is exceptional, not only because every meal we enjoyed had a variety of options even vegan and it was flavorful but also because the prices were so reasonable.

They have now introduced a vegan menu so we were spoilt.

The food was absolutely wonderful, from preparation to presentation, very pleasing.

The mushroom and aubergine moussaka was a hit for my vegetarian friend.

The staff here are just wonderful and we will have great memories. We sat at the same table where we ate there before and I can actually say the ambience and delicious dinner and wine is a Must try!
Please give our thanks to the Manager(s) chefs and others for the wonderful evening.
I would like to say that everyone was always accommodating and helpful when needed for our meal Thanks for doing such an outstanding job to make the evening so pleasurable.
We will be returning with friends very soon.

Date of visit: February 2018

Thank you Lisa for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your dining experience, it is always exceptionally pleasing to read that our guests have enjoyed their experience and that the team looked after their every need and please rest assured I will pass your kind words on. I very much hope you choose to return soon, contact me directly nicolas.roulier@harbourhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Visited for a friends birthday meal. Food was of excellent quality. Waiters, prompt and efficient. All meals cooked to perfection.

Date of visit: January 2018
NicolasRoulier, General Manager at The Kings Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. See you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Very good value early evening meal ,Good choice for vegetarians wine,not overpriced.Waiting staff very pleasant .

Date of visit: February 2018

Great Feedback! Thank you.
See you again very soon.