The Angel Hotel(Coleford)
US$ 78
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 100/night.

US$ 91
Hotels.com
Forest House(Coleford)
US$ 119
US$ 101
The Lodge Rooms(Coleford)
US$ 139
Broadstone Park Camping & Fishery(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
US$ 175
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard roomcream teamain buildingfour posterverderers courtforest of deanhunting lodgehistoric hotelsunday lunchbeefsculpture traillovely locationbuffet styleself serviceposter bedenjoyable stayfamily room
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We stayed as a family and had a Sunday afternoon tea party at the Pavilion at the end of May and can only say great things about the Speech House. The staff were incredibly helpful, the food - both the party and every meal we had there - was fresh and plentiful. Sam was a great help to us on Sunday afternoon and Sue, head of housekeeping was also really helpful. The new function 'barn' looks like an exciting addition to the facilities and there's a great ambience in the Orangery. Although the Verderers room is of great historical importance, it does feel a little forbidding with its dark interior so it would be nice to see it a little more uplifting - but this is just personal taste and doesn't detract from your incredibly helpful and welcoming staff!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
The_Speech_House, Owner at The Speech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear GJB990_2,
Thanks for taking time to leave a review of your recent stay and party at the Speech House.
I am delighted to read that you had a great party and stay with us.
Thank you so much for your very kind comments which I will pass on to all concerned. It is always good to know that my team have gone the extra mile to look after our guests.
The Verderers Court is a listed room with an exceptional history and unfortunately we are not allowed to alter the décor and make it more uplifting.
It was our pleasure to host you and your family and thank you for trusting us to look after you all.
We all look forward to your returning to us in the future.
Director/Proprietor.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My wife and I called at The Speech House for coffee we walked into the reception to order it the receptionist named Hannah had her nose in the computer and ignored me for several minutes she never even looked at me when I ordered it was the same when went back to her to pay if you don't want to work there or can't be bothered to be nice to customers get a job somewhere else a job on a desert island may suit you better don't worry Hannah we definitely won't be coming back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philip c
The_Speech_House, Owner at The Speech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear philipc,
Thank you for leaving a review on your recent experience at the Speech House.
I am sorry that you were not immediately acknowledged by Hannah, how ever she was in the process of sorting a complicated issue on the computer for another guest which needed her full attention at the time.
Orders for tea and coffee are normally placed in either the bar or the Orangery where other members of my team are on hand to greet you, seat you and take your order also take your payment.
Hannah is one of the most helpful cheerful members of staff that you could ever find and I personally think your comments are both unfair and sarcastic. If you had an issue with service I wish that you had asked to see the duty manager and raised it with them.
If your attitude matches your comments perhaps it is not Hannah that should go to a desert island!
We do take all constructive criticism on board and use it for staff training.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful to a middle range, but substantial house. Rooms were well furnished and in a middle price range. Well placed to view and walk the beautiful Forest Dean.
Food was excellent , although a pity the menu remained the same throughout. Nonetheless a most enjoyable short break.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RODDERSANDMODGE
The_Speech_House, Owner at The Speech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear RoddersandModge,
Many thanks for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us at the Speech House.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our historic building and that you found my team to be extremely helpful and welcoming.
We do have a set bar menu which changes seasonally as does the Verderers menu but we do add daily specials to the Orangery. Thank you for your kind comments on the quality of food throughout your stay.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding at the Speech House on the weekend of the 18/19th May 2018. We used Verderer's Court and The Tauber Suite. From the moment we got there the staff were amazing, helping us to make the little last minute changes we wanted such as moving tables and changing table numbers. The staff were welcoming and couldn't help enough. We had a dedicated wedding planner and she was invaluable, we had several meetings with her on the run up to the wedding and this really made us feel like we knew exactly what was going to happen.
Allowing us to have a brass band accompany us down the aisle and a swing band on the Saturday evening to entertain our guests.
The food on both days was such a high standard, having a full sit down meal on the Friday and a buffet style menu on the Saturday.
We occupied the bridal suite and the room is very big with a beautiful 4 poster bed that I almost needed a ladder to get into. It was beautiful and very clean.

Several of our family stayed at the Speech House and we were all able to eat together in the morning the staff moving tables to accommodate us. The breakfast was lovely an all you can eat help your self style breakfast, with cereal, fruits, fruit juices, croissants and a full cooked breakfast option with lovely locally sourced sausages.
I can't recommend The Speech House highly enough.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicky W
Many thanks for leaving a review on your recent stay with us and for entrusting us with your very special day.
I am delighted that you found my team to be helpful, friendly and courteous and that we were able to accommodate your last minute amendments.
I am so glad you found our brand new Edwin Tauber Suite to your liking and that everything went to plan.
I was pleased to read that the members of your family who stayed with us and were also very happy.
Thank you once again for letting us host your wedding and for your very kind comments which I have passed on to all of my team.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Went with my daughter and her new born baby to meet a friend at the Speech House Orangerie. The setting and ambiance was very good but the service we experienced was appalling! Will not be going back in a hurry unless it improves!m

Room Tip: Not applicable
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
The_Speech_House, Owner at The Speech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Johnhenry777
I have already responded on the Speech House site and requested that you email me directly with the date and time of your visit so I can investigate your comments further.
My team are regularly praised for the attentiveness and service as can be seen from many of the previous reviews so I am concerned about your comments.
Yours sincerely