1,342 results
All reviews main building hill climb sandwiches fairy tale beautiful building lovely grounds birthday treat special occasion buffet style sunday lunch executive room tea and coffee one night stay an evening meal lovely room full english carvery
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Recently went with some friends for a meal in the newly refurbished restaurant. We had been there previously as a couple and could not fault the food or service. However, our experience this time was not as good. We got there in plenty of time for pre-dinner drinks and our table was booked for 7.30pm. At 7.40pm I had to ask when our table would be ready to sit down at as it appeared that we had been forgotten. My friend ordered king prawns as a starter but no finger bowl was forthcoming until we had to asked for it. Three of the four mains came altogether, but one of the mains they got the order mixed up and couldn't find it on their till system, so our friend had to wait a little longer for his main course. We ordered sticky toffee pudding for our desserts, however it lacked any toffee sauce. The waiter didn't bring any cutlery for us to eat them with either, he obviously thought we would use our hands. By the time the toffee sauce arrived, I had eaten mine because it was going cold. The restaurant was really quiet so how they would cope with a fully restaurant is beyond me. I ordered a cappuccino which took ages because one of the waitresses didn't know how to operate the coffee machine and there weren't any chocolate sprinklers when it did arrive. The food we were served was good but they definitely need to look at the service side of things and make some improvements. A really pity because they have the makings of being something good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Shandydog1
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Wow! As you drive up to Chateau Impney it’s a definite WOW moment. The trouble is that the reality often doesn’t live up to the hype. Our Sunday lunch did! Our waiter - Adam - was beyond exceptional. Our starter - we both chose the prawn and crayfish cocktail actually had loads of fish and a light, delightful sauce. My husband had the baked salmon and I had the turkey and lamb at the carvery. Great range of vegetables and all food piping hot. I’m not a desert person - but I had the champagne Charlotte and it was delicious - my husband’s chocolate torte disappeared in seconds! We shall definitely return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank CherylJoy666
Reviewed 11 November 2018

Stay with work on two occasions, this time in the Chateau, last time in a separate building nearby. You should only request the Chateau rooms as they're off a higher spec than the outside building rooms. Quiet, relaxing and practical with lovey grounds.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for a room in the Chateau not the building beside the Chateau
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2018

We stayed in one of the cheaper double rooms, which was comparable to a Premier Inn in both decor and cost. However, the grounds make a world of difference. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of food to suit everyone.

Room tip: Visit the Jinney Ring craft centre. Especially the hand made chocolate shop
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for an overnighter in August. The hotel grounds and building are beautiful and very distinctive. The room we were given was fairly small but had lots of character. The staff were all friendly and the food was good. The restaurant is a little odd as it is very modern in contrast to the rest of the hotel. Sadly only one bar was open and the nicer looking ones (with more character) are closed while we were there.

Date of stay: August 2018