All reviews golf buggy fire pit snug bar tennis courts clear night pedal kayaks spa trail record player clear sky on site restaurant four poster bed games room play park spa experience coffee machine underfloor heating dressing gowns
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We arrived at the resort at 1.30pm and took part in the 2 hour spa. For £85, we had 2 hours in floating Epsom salts, 2 saunas, an outdoor Jacuzzi and relaxation room + a 3 course meal that evening. After check in @ 3.30pm the team brough us on a golf buggy to the bubble domes, which are simply amazing. Overlooking the lake, a small wooded area and with a clear sky + full moon it was an experience I will never forget. Even more impressive was the customer service. I had to travel home to Offaly early the next morning for a funeral and would not make breakfast so the team made up a picnic basket and brought a mini-fridge to our dome filled to the brim with breakfast treats - my girlfriend and I cannot thank you enough for the experience and hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GavinLynam
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was a birthday treat for my husband. and boy, did it deliver. There are few words that can describe this resort,every little touch has obviously been designed with exceptional taste, from the complimentary warm cookies on arrival, the reading room. the games area, every thing is beautiful.
All the colours, finishes, flooring, lighting, candles, everything is tasteful and well placed.
Then on to the reason of the stay, we stayed in a bubble dome, and it was everything i hoped it would be, a cloudy evening, cold and wet, gave way to a beautiful clear sky and hundreds of stars, the ambiance of the domes, the darkness around and the natural area, quiet and private. 200/10 if it were possible.

Room Tip: Bubble domes, well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Staff are beautiful people and very helpful.

I’m basing my 3 stars on value for money.

For over £300 for one night stay and evening meal which was very average I honestly wouldn’t do it again.

The Element trail is amazing and a must if you want to treat someone. I payed extra for this and the experience was beautiful. I highly recommend this.

Thank you for the stay and beautiful staff that done above and beyond.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SherpaHaglofs
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

One of a Kind! My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a special night away to celebrate our wedding anniversary and Finn Lough did not disappoint.

My husband fancies himself something of an amateur astronomer so given the opportunity to gaze at the night sky whilst still being tucked in our bed seemed like a dream come true! We were greeted by the lovely receptionist in the car park on arrival, promptly checked in and then we hopped onto the buggy to be shuttled into the forest (the buggy ride is definitely a highlight!!).

The domes are in a private area of the forest so you really feel away secluded and from away from everything. You have to walk to and from the bar and restaurant, the trail isn't long but stilettos are not really an option. The domes themselves...wow! There are all the creature comforts you need and the Nespresso coffee machine was a welcome addition. We enjoyed a few hours just sitting enjoying the forest views, surprisingly the lack of WiFi wasn’t the horror I was expecting and forced us take a break from our respective social media addictions.

The food in the restaurant was another highlight of the trip for us. I am vegetarian so was thrilled to see the choices available, all tasted fresh andq delicious. The restaurant was very relaxed and with efficient but informal service from the very friendly staff. A nightcap in the beautiful lounge bar topped off the evening for us, (I highly recommend sampling the gin options with Glendalough is a must!) before we walked back through the forest to our dome. I would say make sure you bring the torch provided in the dome as it gets very dark in the forest!

Our night was a wet and windy one, so unfortunately we didn't get the chance to do any star gazing, but just lying in the bed while the rain lashed on the dome was so amazing.
We booked to embark on the Element trail after check out in the morning and weren't really sure what to expect. This was genuinely some of the most relaxing two hours I have ever spent. The magic of walking through the forest, the amazing views of the lake and the treatment rooms are like nothing I have ever experience. I highly recommend!

This was a really unique experience, one I would recommend for anyone hoping to get away from it all and enjoy some serious relaxing in a really chilled, beautiful place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jje1986
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Spent the last few days experiencing the sensational luxury of Finn Lough resort/spa/general place of relaxation. I was traveling alone for some R&R (yes it's a tough old life) and stumbled upon this place after being recommended it by a good friend.

From the moment of arrival, even in my weary bedraggled state, I was made to feel welcome and looked after by the lovely staff who were more than happy to help me make the most of my time there. Between kayaking, luxuriating in the unique spa (think hot tub under the stars, overlooking the lough with a glass of wine in hand), relaxing in the afternoon sun and dining in the superb bar and restaurant I cannot find fault with anything.

Particular mention has to go to Dobri (?correct spelling), the Bulgarian wine sommelier, who's professional air, company and exceptional wine recommendation made my dinner in the restaurant the overall highlight of my stay. The rest of the staff (both Gemmas, Amy, Aoife and the manager Gillian) were absolutely brilliant as well.

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay in a wonderful resort with many luxuries and activities to keep all ages entertained. The food in the restaurant is absolutely top-quality and the staff were friendly and welcoming to a point. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo