“Classic Pub Style with Good Food”

Horseshoe & Saddlers
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Enniskillen
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional Irish Pub and a City style Bistro, Wine Bar & Restaurant, serving the best of local produce from 10am to 11pm 7 days a week. Family owned and managed since 1967. A warm welcome awaits you.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Horseshoe & Saddlers was an excellent choice to enjoy a good meal. The setting is traditional, comfy pub style, although limited seating options for our group of six. In fact, the pub completely filled up soon after we arrived even though midweek. The servers were attentive and upbeat. The meals were good quality, reasonable portions, and a reasonable price. Two of us had beef ribs, which were quite good (five large ribs with meat that fell off the bone, with baked potato and coleslaw). The four others in our party selected other mains, and seemed to enjoy their choices. I would definitely choose Horseshoe & Saddlers again as a preferred place to eat in Enniskillen.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow. There is one very special reason to visit this restaurant and that is Jill, she was so friendly and outgoing. Our meal was beautiful, duck spring rolls to start and my wife and I loved them, the chilli jam is excellent. Both of us had the lamb which was cooked spot on. Jill then gave my wife a processco on the house & I had a raspberry ruffle cheesecake which was out of this world. Thank you Jill, highly recommend.

1  Thank Kev H
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We had originally intended dining in the upstairs restaurant but when we saw the bar & experienced the atmosphere we decided to eat in the bar.

It appeared that all the cooking was done in the same kitchen & the restaurant dishes are also available in the bar.

The service was excellent & unusually for a pub bar table service was provided.

The food was also excellent. One of us had rack of lamb (which we surprisingly hadn't seen on many menus) from the restaurant menu while the other had a mixed grill (their favourite comfort food) from the bar menu. The rack of lamb was pink, juicy & tasty. We were asked how we wanted the steak & lamb on the mixed grill cooked - medium to rare & that was exactly how it was delivered. The quality of the meat, the portion size & the cooking & presentation of the mixed grill qualified it as being in the top two plates of this style that we have ever had.

Our only disappointment was that we didn't eat at this pub on our first night in Enniskillen & we didn't have another night in town to go back.

We can't recommend this restaurant more highly & suggest that this is the first place to visit while in Enniskillen.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We wanted to eat close to our hotel, but not in it. We chose this place after dropping in for a drink earlier. We were not disappointed, great food including lots of GF options. Excellent friendly service. Will try it again if in Enniskillen.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

The last time I was here, was with my family back when I was a kid. Approx 25 years ago, so I was delighted that it's still here exactly where I remembered it.
My partner and I came here for dinner which didn't disappoint. He ordered the pork chops with chips, champ, veg and pepper sauce which was huge. The pork also melted in the mouth. I ordered the tobacco onion chicken burger with chips which is the best burger I've ever had. It was huge for a start, don't know how I managed it but it came in a brioche bun, the onions melted in the mouth and the chicken was soft and tender more than a chicken fillet. The staff were friendly and attentive too. Will most definitely be back.