“Excellent, but...”

Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Enniskillen
Price range: US$ 59 - US$ 98
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Catalina Restaurant awarded two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence, seating 75 persons, offers a relaxing fine dining experience. This light and spacious room with vaulted ceilings and arched windows, provides diners with spectacular panoramic views of Castle Hume Lough.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was last here in the summer of 2014 (my review of the restaurant is within a hotel review of the Lough Erne Resort). On that occasion I really enjoyed dinner. Couldn’t fault it.

I returned recently and the food was still excellent but I left feeling slightly disappointed. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but, in discussion with my wife, we decided that it was the service that wasn’t quite right. It was perfectly friendly but, actually, it was a little too friendly/informal/inappropriate for this kind of restaurant. What’s more is that one of the (French) waiters could barely speak any English and deferred to his colleagues when asked questions. Seriously...? When paying this kind of money in a five star resort? Not too impressed.

Still, the food is first class but the restaurant/hotel manager needs to sort his/her serving staff. As it happened, we dined at the Belleek Restaurant at the Manor House Hotel on the other side of the Lough the next night, where the food was just as good and the service was just right. And it was cheaper...

Judge for yourself but I’m afraid it’s four stars from Jack Pudding in this occasion.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

This was my first visit to the Lough Erne resort's Catalina restaurant, situated within the hotel itself. My wife had been last year but as a regular at McNeans of Blacklion I hesitated to give it a go, but very glad I did. It was a Sunday lunch, decent value at £22 for 2 courses and £28 for 3.

Our starters were divine liver mouse style parfaits, topped off with a cranberry type jam, very, very nice.

Mains of sirloin of beef, excellent quality and perfectly cooked with superb accompaniments.

Rounded off with a beautiful chocolate delice.

Our waitress Naimh, was very attentive, knowledgable and well trained, a credit to herself and the Lough Erne.

Course for course, very much on par with McNeans, and better value!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions and it is always of really high quality. Recently we have had both a tasting menu and the set a la carte and both were of incredibly high quality. We were with some friends and they had the same opinion...fantastic!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had a delicious, romantic meal in Catalina, with our one year old son... No mean feat! The service was attentive and friendly, nobody batted an eyelid when my baby helped me knock over a glass of wine, the food was thoughtful and beautifully presented and full of flavour and the whole experience was an absolute pleasure.

We will certainly be back. A lovely night, as part of our honeymoon.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Lough Erne Resort and had a 3 course meal in the Catalina Restaurant. I had crab for starters, duck for mains and a blackberry soufflé for dessert. The food was presented beautifully and cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had pork belly, venison and a white chocolate parfait and loved each course. The service was second to none. The staff were so friendly and professional and made our experience more enjoyable. The wine was also lovely! Would definitely recommend!