“Superb location wonderful staff”

Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed on a Friday.paid £115 b&b Hotel on Gateshead side of river with easy access to walks over Tyne and millennium bridges to night life on quayside .We arrived very early and parked up in the underground car park on the very bottom floor . Husband very pleased with the spacious bay and only three other cars parked there for the duration . Car park is also cctv monitored . We were delighted to be upgraded to a river view room and checked in at 11 am . Check in staff (Claire) very pleasant . Beautiful foyer with stunning views over river and the room was the same with full wall window..stunning. Good sized room and clean and tidy . Bed rather in small side compared to most hotels and hair straightener burn on carpet with a few dirty marks but overall too many positives to worry about careless guests. Breakfast was excellent with gluten free options and really good quality food . Chef available to poach eggs and make porridge . He was obviously enjoying his job and lifted the spirits of all he served(didn't remember his name .. Sat morning18/11) .Brilliant stay and we can't wait to return !

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Martin R, General Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Janine F

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting a review, I was delighted that you choose to stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I was pleased to read that you found the team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

I do hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

As you would expect from Hilton efficient check in and out, lovely room, great breakfast. The only thing that wasn't as great as other hotels (of this standard/price) was that I didn't find the bed as comfortable as peer hotels. Don't get me wrong it was better than some basic hotels, but not as nice as better quality hotels - it probably wasn't even as nice as the premier inn (I think those are very comfy for the price of the rooms).

However what would put me off staying here again wax the price of parking. I didn't arrive until 6pm and I'd left by 8am and I paid over £20 to park my car!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Joanna G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I will of course, share your comments with my team, but I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed here for a two nights whilst on Business. The location is great - a few minutes walk from the quayside and bridges and across to the Centre of Newcastle. The secure car park is very useful too and not expensive given the location etc.

I had a nice room overlooking the river. The room had lots of space, good Wi-Fi and plenty of power sockets. The bathroom was nice too with usual 'Hilton Toiletries' and plenty of towels etc. The lighting was good and TV is easy to use and nice wide screen. The room was pretty quiet with no real 'in-house' noise you can get at some hotels. The A/C units can be noisy but they all are and its how you use it!!

Breakfast was plentiful, a great selection of food and lovely views. Though be prepared as it can get busy on the 8am-9am slot, but the staff were helpful and friendly and will help you out. Overall it's more of a Business than Leisure hotel during the week but may change at weekends and is a good place to stay and I would go again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over the River Tyne into Newcastle, quite alluring by night!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tasty_Mr_T

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

As with a lot of hotel rooms the total wattage of all the bulbs added up to about one 40w bulb. Insufficient plug sockets especially near the bed. A/C a bit hit & miss. Restaurant staff were very good though. £150 didn’t feel like value for money for 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear butler568

I was obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. We do have energy saving bulbs in all of our guest rooms in an attempt to reduce our carbon footprint.

However, I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed here for one night, but this was an excellent stay. The style and decor of the hotel is gorgeous. We loved the modern side to the hotel, but also the beautiful elegance and glamour. The room was great- very spacious and comfy beds.
The restaurant was amazing too- lovely choice and delicious food.
Staff were excellent too- really attentive and helpful. Laura on reception was lovely.
The only thing that let us down was the long wait for breakfast. We got down to breakfast at 9:45 and we had to wait 15 mins to get a table. I would recommend getting down to breakfast later when there was no queue or just come earlier.
Other than that, it was a fab stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Madster13

Martin Robinson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
0.6 km away
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
0.7 km away
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#11 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
0.9 km away
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Hilton Newcastle Gateshead? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK