3,374 results
All reviews the executive lounge tyne bridge the river swing bridge mini bar a river view room an upgrade city centre lovely hotel leisure facilities car park weekend break tea and coffee jeanette newcastle concierge honors
Reviewed 18 November 2017

As you would expect from Hilton efficient check in and out, lovely room, great breakfast. The only thing that wasn't as great as other hotels (of this standard/price) was that I didn't find the bed as comfortable as peer hotels. Don't get me wrong it was better than some basic hotels, but not as nice as better quality hotels - it probably wasn't even as nice as the premier inn (I think those are very comfy for the price of the rooms).

However what would put me off staying here again wax the price of parking. I didn't arrive until 6pm and I'd left by 8am and I paid over £20 to park my car!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Martin R, General Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Joanna G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I will of course, share your comments with my team, but I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed here for a two nights whilst on Business. The location is great - a few minutes walk from the quayside and bridges and across to the Centre of Newcastle. The secure car park is very useful too and not expensive given the location etc.

I had a nice room overlooking the river. The room had lots of space, good Wi-Fi and plenty of power sockets. The bathroom was nice too with usual 'Hilton Toiletries' and plenty of towels etc. The lighting was good and TV is easy to use and nice wide screen. The room was pretty quiet with no real 'in-house' noise you can get at some hotels. The A/C units can be noisy but they all are and its how you use it!!

Breakfast was plentiful, a great selection of food and lovely views. Though be prepared as it can get busy on the 8am-9am slot, but the staff were helpful and friendly and will help you out. Overall it's more of a Business than Leisure hotel during the week but may change at weekends and is a good place to stay and I would go again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over the River Tyne into Newcastle, quite alluring by night!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tasty_Mr_T

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

As with a lot of hotel rooms the total wattage of all the bulbs added up to about one 40w bulb. Insufficient plug sockets especially near the bed. A/C a bit hit & miss. Restaurant staff were very good though. £150 didn’t feel like value for money for 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear butler568

I was obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. We do have energy saving bulbs in all of our guest rooms in an attempt to reduce our carbon footprint.

However, I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed here for one night, but this was an excellent stay. The style and decor of the hotel is gorgeous. We loved the modern side to the hotel, but also the beautiful elegance and glamour. The room was great- very spacious and comfy beds.
The restaurant was amazing too- lovely choice and delicious food.
Staff were excellent too- really attentive and helpful. Laura on reception was lovely.
The only thing that let us down was the long wait for breakfast. We got down to breakfast at 9:45 and we had to wait 15 mins to get a table. I would recommend getting down to breakfast later when there was no queue or just come earlier.
Other than that, it was a fab stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Madster13

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting a review, I was delighted that you choose to stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Checking in here started badly because of a misunderstanding as I extended my stay to an extra night prior to original booking.
Somehow this had not filtered through the system and I was advised that “There’s no room at the Inn”
Fortunately with the help and understanding of Liam Coulson and Hannah they were able to accommodate me and with some relief I proceeded to my room.
I had dinner in the Hotel restaurant which I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality and choice of good food and wines. I had dinner the following evening which emulated the same high standards of service and fine dining.
My room was first class with excellent views of the river and it’s iconic bridges and Newcastle on the opposite side of the water.
There is ample parking on sight with easy access to the hotel.
All in all a most enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear pugilistic

I was obviously pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that Hannah and Liam were able to assist you in the extension of your stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with both of them.

I do hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.