“Great weekend away ”

Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous hotel, clean and modern. I used the pool and spa facilities which were great for some relaxation although the pop area could do with being a little bigger. I got a great deal on a back, neck and shoulder massage for £30 due to being a resident in the hotel. The view from our room was beautiful too, could see right across the tyne. The room had a large 42 inch tv, a mini bar, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, everything a girl would need. The breakfast was superb, such a great selection, hot and Coke Buffett. We did have to wait to be seated at breakfast for around 20mins however coffee and juice and pastries were on hand. Overall great hotel and I will return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bex M
Martin R, General Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Bex M

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting a review, I was delighted that you choose to stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to offer this great review.

I do hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Staff very helpful, really went above and beyond what you would expect. Staying in executive suite so would of expected a little luxury but room was disappointing, room could do with up keep (staining to carpet and shabby shower fittings). Not what I would expect from an executive suite.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear louisewN3445AR

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I was obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. I will share your comments with my team to ensure that we learn and improve our service.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The package we had was a continental breakfast and free complimentary drinks, the complimentary drinks were only from 18:00 to 20:00 but there was also salad and light picky foods which were really nice

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kay N

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions, both for business and pleasure, and the service has never failed me yet. Great rates and a fantastic breakfast.
Shame they seem to hate kids down in the pool area though.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear dinnerdinnerBATMAN

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

If you need a Hotel with a great balance of modern and traditional with service to match, look no further than than the Hilton at Gateshead. SituTed by the River Tyne and the Bridge, its ideally situated for the famous Newcastle Night Life and visits to the beautiful Northumberland coast line and countryside.
The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. The Housekeeping is to the highest standard and in my view the traditional English Breakfast is simply excellent and well sourced whilst offering plenty of variety and other options. It's close to the Metro system and connections to the Station and the airport. The Staff are well organised and trained to make your stay enjoyable and trouble free.
The Gateshead Hilton is my automatic choice for business and pleasure in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave G

Dear Dave G

Martin Robinson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
0.8 km away
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
0.7 km away
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#11 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Hilton Newcastle Gateshead? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK