3,409 results
All reviews the executive lounge tyne bridge the river swing bridge mini bar a river view room an upgrade city centre lovely hotel leisure facilities car park bars and restaurants jeanette newcastle honors nibbles quayside
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Staff very helpful, really went above and beyond what you would expect. Staying in executive suite so would of expected a little luxury but room was disappointing, room could do with up keep (staining to carpet and shabby shower fittings). Not what I would expect from an executive suite.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Martin R, General Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear louisewN3445AR

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I was obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. I will share your comments with my team to ensure that we learn and improve our service.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The package we had was a continental breakfast and free complimentary drinks, the complimentary drinks were only from 18:00 to 20:00 but there was also salad and light picky foods which were really nice

Dear Kay N

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting a review, I was delighted that you choose to stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions, both for business and pleasure, and the service has never failed me yet. Great rates and a fantastic breakfast.
Shame they seem to hate kids down in the pool area though.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear dinnerdinnerBATMAN

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

If you need a Hotel with a great balance of modern and traditional with service to match, look no further than than the Hilton at Gateshead. SituTed by the River Tyne and the Bridge, its ideally situated for the famous Newcastle Night Life and visits to the beautiful Northumberland coast line and countryside.
The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. The Housekeeping is to the highest standard and in my view the traditional English Breakfast is simply excellent and well sourced whilst offering plenty of variety and other options. It's close to the Metro system and connections to the Station and the airport. The Staff are well organised and trained to make your stay enjoyable and trouble free.
The Gateshead Hilton is my automatic choice for business and pleasure in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dave G

Dear Dave G

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We visited here for our 9th wedding anniversary, on arrival the check in lady talked to us about our stay and asked questions about our family life and children. It was so refreshing as normally check in staff are very robotic and don't have time to chat. When the check in lady discovered it was our anniversary she had 2 glasses of bubbly sent to our room.

We paid for a room with a balcony which was clean, comfortable and spacious but the real bonus was access to the executive lounge which had complementary food, tea, coffee and soft drinks all day and from 6pm there was also alcohol available, the member of staff Janette who manned the lounge was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

We took advantage of a good breakfast which was on par with what you would expect from a 4* hotel and the waiting staff were friendly and took time to greet us.

We took advantage of a complementary 1pm check out and again checking out was excellent.

We have stayed at many local hotels including slaley hall & matfen hall but the service here was a league apart.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Martin R, General Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Colin N ,

I hope you are well , many thanks for your recent review and your lovely comments it is so nice to hear such great feedback about my team members and the facilities , I hope you had a lovely anniversary .

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards