“Great stag weekend venue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Craggan Outdoors

Craggan Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Craggan Outdoors, 'Best Visitor Attraction' in the Highlands & Islands Tourism Awards 2012, & also a finalist in 2009, '10 & '14. Based at Grantown-on-Spey (15 minutes from Aviemore) on beautiful Speyside in the Cairngorms National Park, Craggan Outdoors offers one of the widest ranges of outdoor activities available in Scotland.
Scotland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great stag weekend venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2009

I had my stag up at Craggan Outdoors at the start of April, and had a great time. We elected to do clay pigeon shooting and quad bikes, and thought both were excellent.

While the centre had about 8 quad bikes, there was more than 8 of us, so we split into three small groups, which worked out really well. The quad route is mostly farm track to begin with, then we got onto the proper offroad track and started the real fun. Finally, there was a race track type thing we got to, with decent obstacles and plenty of mud - it was a perfect opportunity to improve on the skills learnt earlier and really chuck the bikes around. Every so often I'd look up and see the amazing scenery, I suppose the one disappointment was that I was too busy having fun to notice just how nice the area is.

Clay pigeon shooting next, having never done this I was quite surprised at how good I was at it. The clays site is about a 10 minute walk from the centre, make sure you've got decent shoes with you.

The centre itself feels like a mountain lodge, roaring fire on the go and great home cooking, particularly the cakes!! The coffee is good, which separated it from other outdoor activity providers I've been to. It's packed with board games and outdoor mags to while away the time. They do plenty of activities that we didn't get involved in, supposedly early April in Speyside is a bit cold for gorge walking which disappointed me somewhat.

The instructors are great, all very knowledgeable but chilled out, in that they're just out to have fun and aren't overbearing control freaks. They're also very willing to tailor the session to the group ability, so we found the quad leader would speed up as much as possible if we kept up with him, at no point did the event stop being challenging and start being easy which was just what suited my group perfectly.

I'd definitely go back, in fact I'm already planning a post wedding stag meetup to give me an excuse to come back, or I may just try and get my new wife into quad biking...

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An hour of gun-toting fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

We had a lot of fun during a recent hour-long clay pigeon shooting session at Craggan Outdoors (the first time shooting for both of us). The instructors were patient and good-humoured, and much to our surprise, we actually managed to hit 9 out of a total of 50 clays! We would recommend them to anyone who wants to get a feel for clay pigeon shooting.

Fife, Scotland
“Absolutely top notch trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

Recently got back from a stag weekend at the Craggan Outdoors bunkhouse and everyone had a cracking time (especially the groom who broke his ankle!). The bunkhouse is fantastic, we got the BBQ lit soon after getting there and then a fire going later on. The accommodation is spacious and clean and is in a beautiful spot of the world.

On Saturday we did a canoing trip and had a few gos on the zip wire. Both were excellent, the canoe trip was a particular highlight for everyone there. The instructors were all very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast and lunch at the cafe were good, and well priced too.

I'd definitely go back to Craggan for both accommodation and activities.

Kinross-shire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and well organised - great coffee shop too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

What a super centre - very well organised with friendly and helpful staff. My 12 year old son had an archery lesson and enjoyed the high ropes session, whilst my mother and I had a relaxing massage off site - also arranged by Craggan Outdoors. He was supervised at all times by enthusiastic members of the staff and now holds the title for the tallest crate stack! Looking forward to our next visit and the chance to canoe down the river Spey.

Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quad biking in the snow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Craggan Outdoors ont he 14th Feb to go Quad biking and do some Archery.
We weren't sure if our activities would go ahead due to the snow but lucky for us they did.
They did a wonderful job of clearing the Archery site of snow. Although we couldn't complete the full quad trek because of the snow they had created a mini track for us that meant we got to take full advantage of our time on the quads.

Great value for money with very friendly and helpful people. Will definitely be returning in the Summer months.