“I can't recommend this place highly enough.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Craggan Outdoors

Craggan Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Craggan Outdoors, 'Best Visitor Attraction' in the Highlands & Islands Tourism Awards 2012, & also a finalist in 2009, '10 & '14. Based at Grantown-on-Spey (15 minutes from Aviemore) on beautiful Speyside in the Cairngorms National Park, Craggan Outdoors offers one of the widest ranges of outdoor activities available in Scotland.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I can't recommend this place highly enough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was staying in Grantown and took the opportunity to visit Craggan Outdoors. Everything about the place is welcoming. Keith, Jill, Kyle & Taff made the clubhouse really welcoming & friendly. Whichever activity you took part in, you felt safe and were instructed professionally. I had ago at the archery and the quad biking. The quad biking was amazing, taking in some of the most stunning views you could imagine. There was also a group that had ago at the Kayaking. They had a great time despite the water being a bit colder in October. I would recommend this place to anyone. If you are not into physical activity you can enjoy the surrounding scenery with a walk and than a bite to eat or a drink in the clubhouse. I can't wait for my next trip.

Visited October 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Aviemore, United Kingdom
“Great "fun" in the "mud"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I contacted Keith from Oman where I live and booked for the 60min quad trek for myself and two sons (12 & 16yrs). We had an awesome ride on good quality quads on trails that went high into the hills which rewarded us with incredible views of the Cairngorms. The skills park offered some fantastic fun as we splashed through mud, water, descents, humps & hollows.
A big thanks to Keith and his staff for a most memorable trip, oh great toasties too. We will be back in on my next visit to the UK.

Visited October 2011
North Berwick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A nice place for a tea/coffee light meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I came in here one day for a light snack and the two lads were very good, chatted away....lovely homemade soup and toastie......very enjoyable

Visited August 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could not fault a thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I got in contact with Keith, (the owner of Cragan) to arrange for a hen party to do the high rope course and archery during our weekend away.

We ended up also having lunch at Craggan and doing the zip wire and putting, as everyone had such a good time.

The staff made the day, G, Charlie and Kyle were so friendly and instantly made you feel comfortable. Everyone in the hen party loved the activities we did and I really cannot speak highly enough of the place.

The lunch that we had in between all our activities was also lovely, (and very reasonable). I will be coming back with my boyfriend next year to show the place off to him.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Vanessa W
Hertfordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Everything we wanted from a holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a return trip for us, having stayed with Craggon outdoors the previous year and this time round proved to be every bit as good as the last.

The Bothy was clean, warm and comfortable and the Club House offered everything that the children could want - good food, entertainment and ice creams. This year we choose Archery, Kayaking and Mountain Biking. Each activity started on time, was well organised and was great value for money. The staff at Craggon deserve special mention as they were very friendly and able to help with any request.

Definitely a holiday to recommend and one we will remember for some time.

Visited July 2011