All reviews a bit tired plenty of hot water large room an update sea front comfy bed single bed wellington pier friendly hotel stayed here for one night enjoyable stay gt yarmouth pleasure beach a lovely stay seafront wayne rabbits
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Oh dear! Just what you don't need when you've been on the road for 200 miles! I pictures speak for themselves. That said, I you enjoy walking into a bedroom where the bed looks like it's been slept in, the vinyl sofa is peeling, the bathroom sink drain hasn't been clean for years, you enjoy cracked tiles in the bathroom and you fancy taking your chances under that shower, then this may be for you. You decide.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ntbb001
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very close to my heart however they would not accept any constructive criticism regarding no hot water and very hot to cold water which is dangerous for children.
I was told to leave the hotel after they took my money because I complained on my last visit about Dogs in the next room trying to get into my room through some strange side door and the 3 dogs were consistently barking. I complained to reception who explained there was no management on site to deal with my complaint and thus I insisted on them calling a manager. The manager did not call me back and the general manager shouted abuse down the phone on me.
I was about to speak to my family about a room change offered but the general managers husband called back and said I have to leave. So unprofessional. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SaleemS4
SKCHotels, Sales Manager at Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Guest,

I love the fact that we have the right to reply, i also love that people have a tendency to omit lots of details. You failed to mention that on the occasions that you did stay, you benefited from massive discounts that were not available to other guests, you received money back on numerous occasions, you received upgraded rooms on almost every occasion that you stayed, we allowed you on occasions to pay for your stay in small change and waived the cash deposits that we usually require from guests who pay cash, you on one occasion had police visit the hotel trying to find information out about yourself after you had crashed your car and refused to give them any information, you list some issues that you experienced on past stays yet continued to return time and time again. On your most recent stay, i accept that there was an issue with the room next door and you were offered 3 options, you were welcome to leave and receive a full refund, you were offered a room change or you were welcome to stay in the room you were originally allocated. Unfortunately you felt that none of these options were acceptable and what you then asked us to do was unethical. I did speak to you on the phone briefly whilst i was off duty and unfortunately my battery died mid way through our conversation. I then contacted the General Manager from another phone to explain the situation, the alternatives i had offered and to detail the problems experienced. The General Manager then made the decision to contact you themselves. Again, you were offered the same alternatives and again decided that none of these were acceptable to you, it was at this point you were then asked to leave as we could not find a suitable resolution. Yet.. at that point, you decided to stay anyway.
I do apologise that issues were experienced and that a suitable resolution was not found. I wish you well and hope that wherever you stay in future serve you well.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find, close to the seafront , staff were very welcoming when we arrived very jovial and happy there was a very nice atmosphere.
Our room was very clean and tidy nice clean fresh towels every day of our 3 day stay !! The hotel was very modern and nicely decorated especially the bar area where we sat in the evening before we headed to our room, our room was on the 2nd floor and 1 of my friends struggled with her knee so a lift would be helpful !! Staff were very helpful , would definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kazkaz74
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Having phoned lots of hotels in Great Yarmouth searching for secure parking, at ladt one said yes. 'Please phone ahead when you leave home so it will be clear for you,' I was told. When I did this I was emphatically told, 'There is no secure parking'. We were stuck as to changing hotels as wevwere already enroute. To cut a very long story short I was given a disabled space but was very unhappy about the whole situation. The hotel is dirty, long overdue a revamp and the breakfast was cold ( no eggs ever appeared). We were with Hayley H and her review echoes all my points. I felt sorry for the night porter who did seem a little more charitable. Will definately not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Woukdn't know where to begin!
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lady on reception was very unhelpful on arrival struggled to smile had a definite attitude after a discussion about parking a business vehicle that had been prearranged weeks before . In fact all staff but one seem unhappy in there jobs . Smile and polite mannerisms cost nothing. Breakfast staff unwelcoming Rooms tired heating on constantly through the night , tried to turn off radiator in room , does not work , made for a bad sleep over heated then showers terrible temperature can’t be regulated properly either burning hot or freezing cold. Extremely noisy chickens outside from 4 am then from 7.30am building works started outside. The opening and closing of doors on corridors slamming was also horrible. I have never stayed in a hotel so noisy ,lacking atmosphere and attention to detail.
May I suggest the breakfast staff are more on the ball about seating people , after sitting down with our breakfast we got told to move as the tables were set fir dinner however 5 minutes later other guest sat in exactly the same place we were in - not good enough and rude . A major team training on attitude working in the leisure industry is desperately needed here.
Clean bedding.
The Gentleman on our departure today however was very nice and apologies about the heating shame his colleagues don’t take a leaf out of his book.
Good luck if you stay here parking extremely difficult as very busy during holidays.
Near to the sea life centre.
Can’t say much more other than very disappointed with this place.

Date of stay: May 2018