All reviewsnational holidaysbuffet stylesea frontcoach tripparking permitcoach partybath and showergood sizesingle roomon arrivalroom was largeplenty of hot waterfull englishstreet parkingan enjoyable staymonday to fridayflat screen tv
Reviewed 19 June 2018

the Waverley hotel was very nice and clean,well situated for local amenities,the only downside was trying to find parking,the hotel issues a parking permit but you have to find your own space within designated zone

Room Tip: I don't know as it was only a 2 storey hotel with the noise coming from the bar area
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donna179
TheWaverley H, General Manager at The Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear donna179,

Thank you so much for taking out time to write your feedback on your recent stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. Unfortunately parking is something we do not have control over. We buy the permits from the council and give it free of charge to our guests to park on the streets.
We will look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with room. Thick dust on skirting in room, same on toilet outpipe. Ensuite door architrave was nibbled to allow room door closer to operate. Electric cable cover on wall, hanging off. No space to move without knocking something. Free bottle water only available on first day - misleading on hotel details. No internet working. Evening meals have to be ordered in morning, yet none left at mealtime on one occasion. Good however was fine. Breakfast very good.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank bc9627

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to write a feedback on your most recent stay.

You have mentioned here that you had some issues with your room, but did you mention or get the hotel staff known of any of these issues during your stay?
Just to share with you that we have a very strict cleanliness regime and standards of our hotel overall and the rooms, and having to hear all the above issues seems a bit strange as we have never had so many issues with any particular room which went without being informed during the stay of the guest. You can also read our previous reviews wherein guests have really appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel.
We provide complimentary bottles of water in each room when you check in and in case you need more of the same, they are readily available to purchase. I would surely like to know the source of your information which said that we provide free bottled water each day in your rooms free of charge.
Internet is also free of charge in the public areas, and there was an instance of Internet drop out, and that was because the Internet company was doing repairs in the local area and was informed to us in advance which we also had put a notice for the same.
Regarding ordering the Evening Meal in the morning, it is a procedure followed in consultation and agreement with the tour operators whom you were traveling with. Our apologies in case some item fell short on one occasion.
I hope I have answered all your queries. We would request you to come again and stay with us and give us a chance to host you.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Nice friendly staffed hotel with spacious clean bedroom and bathroom.the entertainment provided on two nights we were there was excellent. As i am unable to eat ham or pork produce for medical reasons,my only personal drawback was when I asked one of the waitresses at breakfast if it would be a problem to have some beef sausage then I could have a breakfast instead of just cereal and toast. I was curtly told what's on the table is all we do. She wasn't interested in why I was asking, but the other staff, including the lass behind the bar were spot on.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Christine S

Dear Ms Christine,

Thank you for taking out time to write the feedback of your recent stay. I am very pleased that you were satisfied with all the amenities and services provided.

At the same time, I am really sorry if you felt that the waitress was very curt in her response to your request. Actually we only do pork sausages for breakfast and suddenly if there is a request to provide beef sausage, then it is not possible as we don't stock things we don't use. I would have appreciated if there was any dietary need or allergens, it should have been notified to us prior to arrival or on arrival so that we could have discussed the details and arranged for the needs, but in this case when you asked the waitress for beef sausage, she must have just said that all that we do in breakfast is out there on the buffet. But apart from Pork Sausage and Bacon, we had on the buffet, Hash Browns, Baked Beans, grilled tomatoes, Fried Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, Boiled Eggs, Fruits, Yogurt, Cheese etc. There were so many things you could have eaten, so don't know why you thought you could only eat cereals and toast.

I am also thankful to you for patronizing the bar and the good words you had to say about our Bar Maid.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you once again to The Waverley Hotel and give us a chance to host you, and would also request you to kindly inform us in advance of any dietary needs you may have.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I wasn't expecting a lot - you pay for what you get....but I was expecting a vegetarian choice on the menu, but it wasn't there, and offering a tuna salad is not a good alternative so off we went round the corner to find a nice restaurant. Another
member of our group changed her room because it was so small, another had her mattress changed because it was so thin she could feel all the springs - I think I should have had mine changed too - I only realised when I got into my own bed last night how uncomfortable the hotel mattress was.
Most staff were delightful, however, one was distinctly crisp. When asked whether the roast potatoes were cooked in oil the response was "I don't know I'm not there when the chef cooks them" and to another guest who had the salad "you can't get any potatoes with that until we see whether there any left when everyone else has had theirs!. What?!
Foolishly the manager as he waved us off suggested that we give him a review on Tripadvisor. Be careful what you wish for!

Room Tip: If you want a single some are larger than others. Try to get one of the bigger ones because the little ones are truly like shoe boxes
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank MagsKnottingley

Dear Magsknottingley,

Thank you for taking out time to write your feedback on your recent stay at The Waverley Hotel.

I do very vividly remember you and the group you were traveling with.

We had one vegetarian option on the menu each day. Your group was traveling through a Travel company where in a d'hôte menu is agreed upon. In case there was more variety required, then the order had to be placed from the à la carte menu, which is separately chargeable, which you didn't want to.

Regarding the other members of your group having various issues, I will only say that all the issues were dealt with promptly and saw happy faces there after.

As a manager, my duty is to see the guests have had a pleasant stay and deal with any issues which may arise during their stay. I have always, and will always request the guests on their departure to review their stay on Trip Advisor as it helps the other people who may be planning to visit us. I don't think there is any thing foolish in doing that.

We would however like to welcome you to come and stay with us in future again and experience our hospitality.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I enjoyed the stay. The room was fine, the food was good and the staff were very obliging. If anyone had any problem it was dealt with efficiently. Some of the group found fault but in all honesty I thought it was good value. The seagulls made a lot of noise but to be expected being so close to the sea front.

Room Tip: No suggestions
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends