All reviews family room sea front parking permit gorgeous breakfast biscuits bottled water stay there again lovely guesthouse fresh milk little touches highly recommend this b b welcoming hosts breakfast room sea view the ground floor place is spotless perfect location
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I want to thank Gareth and Donner , they made me feel at home, they couldn’t do enough for me. The place is immaculate, everything you could ask for. Bed is comfortable, the shower was top standard , breakfast was mmm gorgeous. Plus the beach shops restaurant is 2 min away . What more could you ask for... Thanks guys I really appreciated you both for everything and welcoming my friend for breakfast . I will definitely stay here again..., Anna from Nottingham

Room Tip: Extremely comfortable and cosy ..
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
thecourtyardgy2014, Owner at The Courtyard Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and thank you so much for the very kind review. We look forward to seeing you again if ever you are in the area.
Gareth and Donna

Reviewed 15 July 2018

A lovely room with all the requirements of comfort and views also a well supplied breakfast table andGareth and Donna were excellent hosts. I will most likely return in the future. A great place for going to shops that are close to all other amenities or commuting into surrounding ares such as Norwich or Lowestoft.

Room Tip: A lovely room with comfy beds a well stocked hostess tray and a small fridge for milk and cold drinks.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Gareth and Donna

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Was a bit nervous coming to Great Yarmouth as we were having a very rare child free night and the bike festival and football was on so was panicking about the long 3 and a half hour drive and parking.

Gareth replied to all of my hormonal stressing emails with sensitivity, kindness and patience. We were warmly greeted at the door by Gareth and Donna and they helped us park the car. Never in a British hotel have I been helped with my bags which was wonderful.

We were shown to our beautiful top floor room. I was wowed as soon as I walked in. The room was immaculate. There wasn't a single fault. The decor looked freshly painted and brand new. Towels were soft white and fluffy and the bedding was crisply ironed and smelt lovely. I'm allergic to feathers and forgot to notify the hotel in advance so I just popped them in the wardrobe but I know they would be a real luxury to some people. I think I had a good night sleep because I can't remember any of it :-)

The next morning we had a full English breakfast and well that was just perfect too. Hot, fresh and tasty with local produce and the sausage was divine.

We were asked multiple times if everything was ok for us and really made to feel welcome. The location was spot on too, close to everything and you can see the sea front from the hotel.
One more point which I thought was great.... most hotels offer tea and coffee in the room, this hotel had tea, coffee, fruity teas, hot chocolate and the bit that impressed me the most was the sachets of squash. I don't drink any hot drinks so normally have to go without but this hotel had bottled water in the fridge and the squash sachets was a brilliant, thoughtful idea.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, you can't go wrong here. The owners really care that you are comfortable, relaxed and happy.

The hotel advised us the fish and grill restaurant on the front was lovely. Best fish and chips I've ever eaten.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
thecourtyardgy2014, Owner at The Courtyard Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Wow what a nice review. Thank you both for staying with us it was great to meet you both. Hopefully we will see you again if ever you visit Great Yarmouth again.
Gareth

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Nicky and Donna couldn't have been more helpful. Room with a seaview was nice and cool on a very hot day. Very clean and with everything that we needed. The liquid soap smell lingered till we got home.

Room Tip: twin room with en suite AND seaview
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
thecourtyardgy2014, Owner at The Courtyard Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and thank you for the very kind review. It really means a lot to us when guests take time to leave reviews. We look forward to seeing you again if ever you are in the area.
Gareth & Donna (01493) 855469

Reviewed 3 July 2018

The location was perfect and the place was spotless. Our room had a little balcony with views to the sea. We travelled with a baby and brought our own travel cot, the staff was very helpful and understanding. Also, breakfast was amazing, selection of fruit, yogurt and cereal, jams, and cooked options as full English breakfast, potato waffles, sausage sandwiches. Very recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family