“Busy but a fun day out for all”

Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 15.47*
and up
SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth General Admission
More attraction details
Owner description: The magical marine world of Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE Centre will introduce you to many beautiful and fascinating creatures of the deep. Prepare for astonishing close views of everything from humble starfish to mighty sharks and giant sea turtles, all in displays which carefully recreate their natural habitats.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited over the Easter holidays so it was pretty busy, which meant some of the more popular sections were a bit crowded or felt rushed, like in the tunnel. Having said this their were plenty less popular sections to visit while we waited for things to calm down and theirs not much the Sea life centre can do about being so popular. It was a brilliant interactive day, the little stamp booklet kept our 7 year old entertained and interested. The seating by the penguins was a brilliant touch, we all had a little rest and watched them playing with the keepers who were trying to clean them out. It's not the biggest and we only spent around 90 minutes there, you could however pop in and out all day if you wanted as part of your ticket cost.

Paul R, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi JeniGarside

Thank you for your review.

How wonderful to read that although we were busy (we always are during school holidays) that you took your time to appreciate the creatures in their displays. Did you manage to catch any of the hourly talks and feeds when you visited? These are especially good to schedule in and are just one of the main reasons how the all day ticket works out to be such good value.

I especially like the fact you mentioned about the seating in the penguin area. We have a few seating areas around the centre, and our wiser guests spend time to observe the antics of our wonderful, incredible creatures.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"adults and children"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Had a great day at Sea Life with my partner and daughter. Everyone who worked their was enthusiastic about it all. Worth the money in my opinion.

Paul R, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi shazdublin

Thank you for your lovely words.
How wonderful to read the three of you had such an incredible experience with us!

I do hope you all return and soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited the centre on the Easter weekend in the midst of a health crisis with my 16 month old son (nothing too serious, but as it was a bank holiday weekend I was struggling to get any support from the NHS!). They very kindly gave me access to their education room for as long as I needed to get some online help, then another senior member of staff gave me advice with local facilities. I cannot fault how they responded and I left with a very good impression. A massive thank you to Sal on reception and I think it was Sharon (dark blue shirt?).

In terms of the rest of the visit, we used a 2 for 1 voucher to get in and it was therefore very reasonable cost-wise. Alternatively (if you pre-plan enough) you can use Tesco clubcard vouchers which makes it an absolute steal!

Both my sons (4 yrs and 1yr) loved the centre, there was a really good array of displays, including a tunnel and penguins. My older son was encouraged to touch a starfish which he was really scared about but the team member was so good that he was brave enough to follow her lead. He loved getting stamps in his booklet as he went round and was proud to win his token and badge at the end.

We also ate in the cafe whilst we were there. Food was great, very reasonably priced and good size portions. Again, I cannot fault the staff there. There is a little soft play area too which makes lunch a little more relaxing for the parents!

All in all a lovely visit, would definitely go back and recommend to others.

Hello Snailey77

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are incredibly proud of our brilliant team here at SeaLife Great Yarmouth and encourage magical customer service which it sounds like you received. I will pass your fabulous words on to all the team and thank you unreservedly for the warm, positive feedback.

We look forward to your return and hope your son is now fully recovered!

Thanks again & Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very expensive trip out. £44 for 3 of us and it took 19 minutes to see all on offer. Daughter was not impressed at all.

Paul R, Manager at Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello Angela F

Thank you for your opinion.

How unfortunate you felt your visit didn't represent good value for money? If you made it around the centre in 19 minutes, I very much doubt you got to see all we have? Many of our guests take 90-120 minutes to circumnavigate the centre the first time around, and pop back in throughout the day to attend the hourly talks and feeds.

I am sorry to read your daughter wasn't impressed, did you speak to any of our team on the way round? They can often give great insights into the 1500+ creatures we house in over 50 tanks and displays located in ten fully themed zones.

I do hope you will try us again, perhaps taking advantage of our online tickets which come in at around 30% less, and take a more leisurely stroll through our amazing aquarium.