“Midland ok”
Review of Midland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Midland
Ranked #90 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but in a good position for the beach and not too far to walk to the centre for shopping. The staff were friendly and the three course meal nice and hot. A bit rushed.three courses and coffee, and out within 30 minutes. My room was good and clean. The only fault I had was my room must have been over the kitchen with a view of a massive extracted fan outside my window. Very noisy , but on the whole, a nice little friendly hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Midland

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My friends and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Midland The Manager Paul made us very welcome and even offloaded our luggage on arrival. The service was excellent for our evening meal and breakfast and the staff were very efficient. the rooms were nice and warm and bedding were very clean and beds comfortable. we were sorry to learn when leaving next day that this hotel is closing next weekend I wish Paul his family and staff well for the future

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Thursford Christmas Spectacular staying at the Midland Hotel, great location,very good staff, good food. The only fault I can give is the bed was very uncomfortable like sleeping on a board, had backache afterwards. But on the whole a really nice stay, this hotel just needs some TLC.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2015

The welcome was warm, the hotel was warm and comfortable. The food was good and service excellent. The room was adequate for my one nights stay. The bedding and towels were spotless and there were plenty of refreshments available. As this hotel was under pressure of closure, I believe the management did all they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. "Never kick a dog when it's down", I say "it may your turn to be down next". I came down with friends on a National Holidays coach trip to visit the Thursford Spectacular. I was overwhelmed with that and arriving at the hotel, I was not disappointed with its condition, as I understood the situation of its imminent closure. Value for money, without the frills. A pre-breakfast walk was most enjoyable and I noted great facilities for children would be available in season. I shall visit Great Yarmouth again, hopefully next year. Tina Watkin

Room Tip: as itmay be closing soon, I cannot comment, but I was in 15 and it was adequate for myneeds.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2015

This would be a two but for the food and the staff. The Hotel is well in need of a good re-furb however it may be closed shortly and turned into flats. The windows all need painting. The bathroom had an old bit of lino which didn't fit. The carpet was the same. The good thing was it was clean and so were the sheets.
The staff including the manager put on brave faces and dealt with everyone very well. The food was better than I expected and there was some good choices.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends