All reviews minute walk from the pier fridge basil iron marmite characters ensuite granddaughter
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We spent 2 nights here in August. What a mistake. Never again. Rooms grubby. Staff grubby.
£58 per night ..... expected better, a lot better. Double bed! Only just. Shower room did'nt even have a shelf for a toothbrush. Could go on but won't. You get the picture.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mermaidCanveyIsland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

went to fawlty towers on the 22nd oct for 1 night.
very clean, good full english breakfast, rooms were clean,
very local to everything. staff were very welcoming & friendly.
would i recommend of course..
the comments below.. what you want for £18 a night..
you want 5 star you have to pay 5 star prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank patriciaelizabeth
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was probably the worst place that I have stayed at ever. The room was so dusty that my daughter's eye's were stinging and I had an allergic reaction. I could feel the dirt on the sheets, and wish I had slept in the car instead. The carpets were filthy and we ate our breakfast on a pool table! The owner was really dirty, like the place, and I just wanted to get out of there! Never again. Don't bother....close to the beach, but noisy nightlife and a cest pit!

Room Tip: Rather look at the 4 star hotel next door
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Noelene H
Reviewed 2 October 2011

went to great yarmouth to see old friends,booked in this hotel, what a mistake,went to room very smelly old carpets shower very old and dripping water not hot and bed very poor.we had no choice as we got to yarmouth late(fawlty towers)name fits.second night we went back to the so called hotel to find two boys in there late teens naked running wild, they said there friends locked them out of the room, the owner did not seem to care they did not even try to cover there front , to me they should bring back the birch and beat there backsides like the old days, maybe the hotel inspector should look at hotels like this very poor rooms poor showers and poor managment

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank charles m
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Please please don’t stay here it really is the pits.
When we got there the front of the building was very bright and thought well it must be better inside but when we got it the problems started. The first thing was the carpets really really dirty and the smell the wood work on all the frames was bodged and my 2 year old could do a better paint job then them. Then we was shown to are room which was on the top floor (room 9) and more problems the door was upside down still with the non smoking sign upside down the smoke alarm was hanging of the ceiling the fan in the room was about one inch of dust and the skirting boards has never seen a cloth (I don’t think the whole hotel has seen a cloth) broken wardrobe dirty sheets on the bed we had the use the towels to sleep on. The single bed was so rusty we could not put my daughter on the bed it was so bad then we get to the bathroom the toilet was not bolted to the fool or wall, I can’t believe such a basic thing was not done how lazy are they the worst thing was the mirror was hanging of the wall with one hook so unsafe don’t even what to imagine if it fell on my 2 year old. What really makes me mad is they just don’t give a S__t about there guests and the man who is the owner stunk of BO if he cant take care of himself then forget about the hotel. Out side the room the emergency fire glass box was hanging of the wall and the fire extinguisher was missing only the pin was left on the floor and the sign (am glad there wasn’t a fire). Then we found the toilet was leaking to the lower level I was going to be sick I knew we had to get out before I lost my temper but the misses said lets have breakfast it mite be ok O boy was she wrong the bacon was deep fried to death along with everything else. Not one thing was good here I will never never come back again not even if they paid me. PLEASE STAY AWAY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!!!! your better of staying in a pig sty probably get better service….

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family