Old Gate Bar & Restaurant
Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Great place to eat.

This is dog friendly and a relaxed venue. The food is absolutely gorgeous and the chicken supreme... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Susan M
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Lovely pub

Visited with friends whilst in Hebdon Bridge. Lovely clean pub, plenty of tables inside and out... read more

Reviewed 5 August 2018
Anita_Shutt
Blackburn, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Six of us ate here on Good Friday, I booked easily online.... I’m a silver surfer... the staff were accommodating, I really enjoyed my meal.... salmon with squid, prawns and green veg, superb, others had the fish and chips, it looked good and the plates were emptied, the other two had a beef burger with huge chips and salad. I would like to come again and have Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Popped into the Old Gate yesterday for a pint of black real ale (Porters preferred). Sadly considering the amazing number of pumps only one black ale and it was a stout, hey ho one must make do. However the stout was well kept and very nice indeed. I was told that another black ale was going to be put on but sadly during the process of being put on it must have been worried by the cellarman because it turned into, yes you got it yet another blonde. Ok rant over. Now to the mind blowing bit. My partner and I were hungry so we scanned the menu. My partner is a veggie, I am not. She went for the veggie burger which I am reliably informed was excellent, high praise indeed from my partner. I bizarrely chose the veggie dish 'Yorkshire parcel' and I made that choice purely from what the description of the contents were on the menu. It was divine, an orgiastic explosion on the taste buds, food to die for. whilst in the bar I saw a breakfast delivered to a nearby table and thought God I need to get some of that, sadly only sold till 12.00 noon but all this gorgeous food well merits a return visit. Only gave you 4 stars due to the lack of porters otherwise I would have been petitioning Tripadvisor to create a 6 star bracket to cater for your establishment.

1  Thank johnson260
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Every once in a while the Old Gate can serve up a stinker, pies with no gravy inside, burnt meat, raw chicken etc. However when it gets it right it is very nice indeed. Any lamb they do is always good and I suggest the salt and pepper squid and king prawns as they are always perfect. Always better to go here when it is a little quieter as this is when the best food comes out.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We went to the old gate yesterday for a meal.
My son has coeliac disease and we are cautious when eating out.
The menu was starred for gluten free choices and it was lovely for my son to eat off the normal menu which included burgers and sandwiches.The staff were knowledgable which always helps.
All our food was lovely with relaxed surrounding.
Very enjoyable meal would definitely go back.
Thank you Old Gate.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went to this restaurant last Sunday with my husband son and daughter in law I had chicken pate to start and Sunday roast the others had Squid as starter and seafood wellington all excellent meals served quickly and there were plenty of people in presentation was good and price was average ,service excellent would definitely recommend.