“A taste of holidays at home!”
Review of Cafe Passion

Cafe Passion
Ranked #6 of 340 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

It was my first visit and I wasn’t disappointed. Lots of friends had recommended this place and had told me that the servings were large so I avoided a starter and ordered The Cafe Passion special. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food arrived quickly. It was meat heaven, cubed lamb, lamb koftas, lamb chop, cubed chicken and ‘real’ Doner chicken. This was all served with salad, couscous, feta, bulgar wheat, pita bread, yoghurt dip and the most amazing salsa. Reasonably priced food and you can call in for takeaway!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and very large portions.
Were going to order mixed meze starter and then kebab each were told we wouldn't be able to eat it all so have a smaller starter. And yes they were correct. Still struggled to eat it all

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I ordered the kofte kebab. It came red raw on the inside, this is not to my taste, as I have been ill lately. I would never have ordered it if I'd have know. I asked the waiter if it could be cooked more, all it would have taken is 5 minutes in the pan, he said no that's how it comes it's fresh and the come downstairs and speak to the chef, he will tell you the same. If you get ill come back tomorrow and we can sort it out.

I didn't want a confrontation with the chef, I just want the food cooked a little more as it was red raw which is not to my taste. Most decent waiting staff would have offered to cook it a little more, or allowed me to pick another dish. I was unhappy

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Went to cafe Passion on Thursday with friends and it was as good as always. We always have the haloumi which is really tasty and you get a very generous portion. The lamb kebab is excellent and is very tender. Can't fault the food at all.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Had the skewered lamb kebab - large cubes of marinated lamb pieces. Got half through and bit down on one cube only t hear a crunch and searing pain in one of my my upper molars - the lamb piece had very tough sinew so had to leave the meal and leave the restaurant.
I found out a few days later, after the pain would not subside, and the filling had loosened and fallen out, that it had split my tooth in half. Couldn't believe it - tooth had to be extracted!
Always had similar meals at other mediterranean restaurants and enjoyed soft tender lamb, but not this one! If I'd have served this to a customet I would have cut out the sinew so I wouldn't get sued! It's put me off going there ever again.

3  Thank Gary I