All reviewskippershigh standardrooms are comfortableexcellent foodgreat barnice bathroomfish and chipsbreakfast was includedfantastic hotelrisottoloch levenbreakfast and dinnerhome from homesaturday nightnice atmospherecooked breakfastburger
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We booked an overnight stay at the Kirklands Hotel at the last minute after a late night in Edinburgh and a wise decision to avoid a 3 and a half hour drive home in the dark on a Saturday evening. We were very pleasantly surprised with what we found. The staff were very welcoming, the room was a good size and although a bit cold at first it soon warmed up when the radiator was turned on. It is an older building so floors are slightly uneven etc, but the owners have done a great job of modernising it and everywhere was nice and clean. Our room was directly above the bar so it wasn't particularly quiet (not rowdy just background noise; it was a Saturday night), but I slept like a log in the comfy bed.

Downstairs there is a lovely bar at the front where you can have drinks, snacks or a bar meal, and they have a separate dining room through the back. The food was good and there is a large range of drinks, including a lovely selection of gins. The next morning you get a good hearty breakfast included in the price, cooked to order, and they also offer breakfast rolls to take away if you are in a rush.

This is a good, friendly, recently modernised hotel which is excellent value for money and only about 15 minutes from Perth and 45 minutes from Edinburgh. Highly recommended and I'd be keen to visit again and see some of the local area.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask for one towards the back or on 2nd floor so that you are further away from the bar.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We stayed for one night, the room was lovely, modern tastefully decorated and clean. My other half was feeling fluish & cold. There was supposed to be a fan heater in the wardrobe, but there wasn't one. Within minutes of mentioning this, a heater was supplied and the heating turned up.
We didn't have dinner here, but the food we saw served to other people looked delicious.
We did have breakfast, it was hot, cooked to order, and the quality was excellent.
Despite my parner feeling unwell, we still enjoyed our stay.
The staff we genuinely friendly and couldn't have been more helpful.
We will definitely recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights, could happily have stayed longer, our room was quite large, good bathroom, only thing I would say it was on the 2nd floor and by the time I walked up the stairs I was very breathless but that is because of my health problems, ( no lifts) but I managed slowely, next time I will request a lower room. The staff were lovely, very friendly but professional, very helpful and knowledgeable about places to visit. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, very busy most of the time we were there but not a problem, they still found time for all of their customers, would stay here again if we go back, highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Kirklands hotel for a couple of nights with my boyfriend.

We were most impressed by the staff at the hotel, very friendly and welcoming.

We had breakfast included with our stay which was very good indeed.

We would recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

My wife and I visited the Kirklands last night to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. We wish to thank the staff again for a great meal and friendly service. The quality of our meals was superb. I loved my sea bass, the sauce was delicious and my wife's steak was cooked to perfection to the way that she requested. The puddings spoke for themselves, excellent.This is our second visit to the Kirklands, the last visit being for lunch. On both visits we have been delighted with our meals and we hope it will not be too long before we can return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple