“Relaxing stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quorn Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
“Relaxing stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed for 1 night on the groupon offer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff were friendly and attentive but not intrusive, dinner was good, nice atmosphere in the conservatory and likewise breakfast although a lot busier.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerQ, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was very pleased to read your review and delighted you enjoyed it. I have shared your comments with team, who in turn would also like to pass on their thanks and appreciation.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My Husband and I stayed here one night with a Groupon Voucher for our anniversary. We both had a really good time. The Hotel and gardens were lovely, the staff were friendly and service excellent.
The Receptionist was very welcoming and showed us to our room. We paid extra for upgrade when we booked and were really impressed with our Executive Room. It was spacious and modern with a large flat screen TV. Very nice!
Dinner was definitely the highlight for me. It was absolutely delicious. I had pigeon breast for a starter and it was cooked beautifully.
I thought that staying on a Groupon Offer we maybe wouldn't receive the same service as other guests. But we definitely got 4* Treatment throughout our stay!

Room Tip: Ask for an Executive Room in the Courtyard!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased that you enjoyed your Groupon offer and that dinner was a highlight, we have since been awarded an AA Rosette in our restaurant, so it’s very comforting that you enjoyed our special offer.
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Whilst making the most of the good weather, I decided to take my two year old daughter away to somewhere nice in the country. The Quorn Hotel was just what we looking for as it didn't involve huge amounts of travelling on the train.

On arrival we were greeted promptly and everything was dealt with with total professionalism. We booked an evening meal and arranged a wake-up call and newspapers for the morning.

Our room was spotless and had a travel cot as requested when we had booked. Everything was in good working order (always a concern when with a child!), the bathroom clean and also well maintained.

When we made our way down to the restaurant, members of staff greeted us even though they were plainly busy for a wedding that was also being held there. So i did expect a wait at the bar and that possibly dinner would be slightly delayed. However this was not the case! We received prompt service again at the bar, even though my daughter made a fuss about what squash she wanted the barman took it all in his stride!

Our experience of the restaurant again exceeded my expectations, on ordering when I asked for an extra plate so that I could share my starter with my daughter, the server made a note and this came out with the dish. We both thoroughly enjoyed our main meals, the portion sizes were just right and the food was cooked perfectly. When asked if we would like dessert, my daughter requested ice-cream (of course!) and this came out with just the right amount for her.

Despite the wedding being held there, we both slept soundly and the double bed was comfortable and big enough, especially as my little one decided she wanted to share. We received both the wake up call and the newspaper I had requested.

Breakfast was again lovely, We both ate well considering the amount we had eaten the previous night!

Our check out was done quickly and smoothly. I asked if it would be possible to leave our luggage whilst we did some exploring for the day, and the receptionist ensured it was put away securely for us.

All in all, we had a lovely little mini trip.The food was brilliant, the hotel as a whole was very clean and looked in good order. All the staff we encountered were polite and professional, even when they were busy they still had time for a hello for my daughter. This really made the stay for us. Thank you again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerQ, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2012

I do hope you can return with your daughter in future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Me and my wife pam stayed for one night to celebrate our 20 th wedding anniversary, and what a treat it was, the staff could not of made us more welcome, the room was spacious and clean and our evening meal was perfect , we will certainly be staying here again very soon

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here for one night following a wedding.
The reception desk was unmanned as we arrived when someone finally arrived check in was painfully slow.
Having booked a family room at considerable expense, we were directed to a tired outdated mess of rooms. They expected our 3 year old son to sleep on a rickety z bed in a lounge area which opened directly onto the hotel corridor (no internal lock) while we slept in a tiny bedroom next door to it (caravans have larger bedrooms), safety implications.
Not satisfied with the security we went back to an unmanned reception explained the situation and over an hour later were given a new smaller room in a newer wing. More stylish and safer with a door which we could lock to keep our son in (although they need to do a snagging list on that room the door plates on the bathroom door kept falling off).
Service at the bar was painfully slow. Service at breakfast was much more efficient.
Having stayed at the Premier Inn in Loughborough the previous night this hotel's owners have a lot to learn about running a tight efficient ship!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank noahandco
GeneralManagerQ, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear of your concerns with the family room we originally offered you and your family but glad to hear the second room was more to your liking. We have as a result reviewed both the security to the first bedroom and the issues with the second room.

I am also sorry to read your comments on slow bar service which I have shared with our Bars Manager who immediately offered remedial training to the service team.

I am however happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast the following morning.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
0.6 km away
4.0 km away
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
#1 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK