“Lovely atmosphere. Shame about the service”
Review of Ciao Belli

Ciao Belli
Ranked #12 of 123 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I love this cafe and the ambience/atmosphere it emits. I met some friends for lunch and arrived first. I was handed some menus but was not asked if I would like a drink. So whilst I was waiting for my friends to arrive I was also waiting to be asked what drink I would like. So I waited and my friends arrived. We all waited and waited (we did try to catch the waitress’ attention but she was scarce) Finally someone came over and asked what we wanted to eat!? Short and long it is a lovely place but as with other eateries do not seem able to cope with being very busy. Maybe they need to re-evaluate their service tactics or thoroughly train the staff more.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We were greeted by the staff as soon as we entered.Service was promt and friendly. The food was delicious, I had the spicy salami and pecorino cheese panini for lunch. We sat near to the counter where the cake display is situated, ended up with a slice of Lemoncello cheesecake and took some tiramasu home, both delicious.
I will be returning.

The only downside was the air conditioning did not seem to be working at the time making it feel stuffy if your sat outside of the range of the fan.

2  Thank GmanDave74
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Return visit on our way to Bournemouth and then again on our way home! This is a must visit if you’re around Lymington, be it for breakfast, lunch or evening meal. We have enjoyed them all. Authentic Italian cooking, wonderful Italian patisserie eg cannoli and great coffee. Foodie Heaven and it’s very good value too!

1  Thank AndyM12345
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Dropped in with my wife as they opened (as I knew they'd be busy) and we were welcomed very warmly, informally and naturally - first impressions count and they were great from the get-go: the place was nicely decor'd, the staff were friendly, smartly presented, glamourous even and very professional! The menu was great with lots of trad dishes and interesting tweaks, the first glass of wine was wonderful and I knew we were in for a great time. It was the last night of a short holiday in Lymington and we were celebrating our holiday together, finding lovely Lymington and the weeks' memories! The venue was perfect for this. In summary, our shared starter was ideal (Antipasto misti), my wife's risotto was creamy and delish, my main (linguine with clams) was amazing (12 clams = generous!), our shared dessert (amaretto of course) was perfect in rounding off the night, followed by a brandy for me. The bill was reasonable, the tip included and off we went, freeing up a window table for someone else I hope. Ciao Belli is like 'the ideal Italian' that I carry in my head and have yet to find. Youre lucky to have it there. Recommended UNRESERVEDLY!!

2  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Don’t be in a rush! Super food cooked to order and authentic Italian cuisine .
The owner is a,ways happy to amend dishes and meet special dietary requirements.

2  Thank adamay23