“Nice tea and cake”

The Buttery Cafe Tearooms
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Cafe Tearooms on the Georgian high street in Lymington, offering homecooked fayre from English Breakfasts, morning coffees/teas speciality drinks, smoothies, milkshakes,A large range of cakes and bakes made on the premises, light lunches, Daily Chefs lunches, Delicious Clotted cream teas, luxury Cream Teas, speciality teas . seating for 130 people in 4 cosy sections, licensed and air conditioned, waitress or counter service. established over 70 years. open 7 days from 8.00am.sundays 9.00am.
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Convenient central High Street location this looked a straightforward unpretentious place and so it proved. Bigger inside than expected but split into comfortable sized rooms. Tea and cakes were promptly served Dorset apple cake very nice, good tea.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

The scone was fresh and tasty. Good cheerful service, not too busy so overall a very good experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We were on our way to the isle of Wight, and stopped in Lymington for afternoon tea there is a large car park within a 2 min walk from the Buttery café, The café itself is located on two floors so there is ample seating, the food is very good with a reasonable selection. the only problem with the Buttery is the Toilet facilities which are located upstairs, making it difficult for disabled people or people who are not very good on their legs, but don't be put off, the food is very good.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I called into the Buttery this morning to meet up with friends. It was not busy yet the staff seemed flustered and pressured. I stopped a Waitress in her tracks whilst she was walking through as there was no way I was going to be asked if I needed anything. I ordered a coffee and said I was with the group of people she was serving. I hoped my coffee would be brought out in the 5 mins or so that my friends were being served. Of course I was kidding myself. My friends had their breakfasts and drinks served and I was still waiting for mine 24+mins later. Maybe The Buttery need to review their service or get more staff in. This is not the first time I have experienced poor service here and this would not be my choice of eatery having experienced this place over the last few years. Plus the staff do seem moody. Maybe a bit too tired of serving people methinks?! Wakey Wakey.

1  Thank monty c
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Visited for afternoon tea. To begin with, a little disappointed that the 'menu' offered just one choice of sandwich and cake as usually anywhere else, there's a selection served.

However, once our choice was put in front of us, there was ample to eat and all delicious. The cakes and scones all home-made, with an extra cheese scone with cream cheese and pickle on the side as well as a small desert. What was not eaten was boxed up for us.

The service was very efficient and friendly, thank you Lee.