“Good pub in busy location”
Review of The Ship Inn

Ranked #47 of 126 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With its impressive waterside setting, varied menus, and great selection of real ales, lagers, and wines, when you dine at The Ship Inn you certainly won’t be disappointed. Boasting a sophisticated bar area, an impressive dining space, and a beer terrace looking out onto the marina, The Ship Inn should be your first port of call for drinks in the sunshine, a three course meal, or an impromptu work lunch. We are also a child friendly establishment, so please feel free to bring your little ones along. Our dedicated children’s menu is sure to go down a treat! Of course, if you have any questions about our delicious menus or daily special offers, or you would simply like to make a booking, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our team always goes above and beyond to ensure that your dining requirements are met.
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Busy lunchtime, food and service good. Great location and great views across the harbour. Been before and always good.

Date of visit: September 2018
TheShipInnTeam, General Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hi Billthedukr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I hope we will see you again soon!

Many thanks

Chris

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Having seen this pub many times over the years I was surprised on entering to find a very smart gastro pub. The menu we ordered from was the lunch menu, which runs till 18:00, so didn't see the evening menu. Had a fillet steak sandwich on ciabata with caramelised onion and rocket served with fries and my partner had a duck salad. Both meals were very good and the service was prompt. Staff were very friendly and happy to oblige with any requests made.
Definitely will be back next time we're in Lymington.

Date of visit: September 2018
TheShipInnTeam, Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Stephen M,

Thank you for your fantastic response to your lunch here with us at The Ship! The team are all happy to hear you enjoyed your time here due to our food, as well as the service from the team.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lymington!

Kind regards

Abi Stringer

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Went for a lunch with a friend and it was a lovely location right on the harbourside. The menu offered a good and very varied selection and we chose gammon and a couple of different salads.
The gammon was fine although serving the chips in a separate bucket is slightly odd. The salads were also fine but had some unusual ingredients in as well as, on one, a sauce which was really only ginger despite supposedly being a mixture of flavours. All in all we ate the meals and had a very pleasant time but we probably wouldn't go back or at least choose those meals again.

1  Thank AndyAquila
TheShipInnTeam, Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear AndyAquila,

Thank you for this great review, hope to see you again to try out other dishes on our menu!

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My daughter and I popped in to
the Ship Inn yesterday 12/0902018 and ordered the beer battered cod which was served with 'pea puree ' something and 3 times fried chips. I queried the pea puree as I just assumed the meal came with mushy peas. I was told no it didnt come with mushy peas just the pea puree or whatever fancy name. It was actually peas with a mint sauce . I have never had mint sauce with fish before and I did tell the waiter, also the chips were really thick and tasteless. I asked for 2 slices of granary bread if they had it and when it came it was stale and I told the waiter I wouldnt be paying for it and sent it back. He then came out with 2 slices of dark brown 'heavy' bread which I hadnt asked for and according to the bill it was ciabbata which cost £1 a slice. Also the butter has obviously come straight from the fridge and was too hard to spread. Not good enough, especially at the price. On the plus side the fish was absolutely beautiful which was lucky for us as if it hadnt been up to scratch I would have sent it back and gone home hungry

1  Thank Margaret B

Dear Margaret B,

Thank you for this review, We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the pea puree on this occasion but are glad the fish was enjoyable! We hope you will return to try other dishes!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We found this place while walking around. It was near the waterfront. Dishes tried were the lobster and crab compote and salt and pepper squid as starters. Very nice, tasty and fresh. My wife had wanted scallops but the scallop dish that day had pieces of pigs trotter so we passed. It may have been perfectly fine but we wanted it without pork. For mains we tried the salmon and the pork belly. Pork belly (without the added scallops option) was well cooked but I do like a salty crackling and prefer it cooked as one piece but the meat was excellent. Both dishes were excellent. Service was friendly and no complaints about the speed of it. The place was a bit quiet on the night so no useful comments on tgat. Certainly a good choice for dinner if you are in the area.

Dear Furb71.

Thank you for this wonderful review, we are so pleased your enjoyed our dishes and if you are back in the area; we do hope to see you again soon!